LMR Shorty Headers???

Espo720

May 4, 2016
Anyone running the Stainless Shorties from LMR? Haven’t found anything on any of the forums. Was going to pick up some BBKs but at $150 they seem pretty decent, and LMR usually sells decent stuff with their name on it.

Not building a race car or anything just can’t standing looking at the stock disasters.

• Sponsors (?)

At a quick glance, they appear to be 201 stainless. The higher quality headers use 304 which is better to prevent corrosion.
If you are married to this car, personally I'd go with higher quality, if it's just a toy you may dump in a few years, go with the cheaper set.

I've been eyeing these, but not sure they will fit the stock head on my 87 GT. 1-3/4" is overkill for my stock engine, but someday I want to do a 347 stroker and convert to mass air.

Has anyone used the mac 1-3/4" , ceramic coated, unequal length shortie headers? They are pricey at $465 but if they are nice, I'm considering a pair
Mac's out of business.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Web page shows a 2020 copyright.
and several vendors still advertise their products

They are shut down, but still accepting orders. The CC never gets charged.

Header choices are dwindling. You have LMR, BBK and Pypes at the low end, and Bassani and JBA at the high end. That's about it for choices. Bassani only seems to have equal length, so JBA is the only higher end shorty unequal lenght header choice on the market it appears.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of bassani.
All the parts i have owned that they made were basically indestructible.

The stainless they use and welds never seem to corrode or rust.
Pretty much ageless.

If i had a pushrod engine, it would for sure have bassani equals on it.

I'm definitely not in the "long tubes on everything" camp (nobody said it yet, but it's coming).
I fail to see what they really offer other than headaches on mild street cars.

Great info guys, much appreciated as I was about to order their 3" cat back for my 87GT but won't bother if frustration is all I'll receive. I'll have to look at the JBAs and Bassini. I'm using unequal length shorties, for many reasons.

Anyone running the Stainless Shorties from LMR? Haven’t found anything on any of the forums. Was going to pick up some BBKs but at $150 they seem pretty decent, and LMR usually sells decent stuff with their name on it.

Not building a race car or anything just can’t standing looking at the stock disasters.
I have them, however i have not fired the car up yet still doing the top end. My thinking was 150$ is a good price. But the guy who said something about the ceramic ones has a point. either way you go its a win tho

I have non-ceramic SS headers on my car, and they just generate tons of heat under the hood. I think my engine bay would be so much more cooler if I went ceramic.

When I drop my engine back in, i'll likely go with the JBA ceramic headers.

Reactions: 1 users
I bought the cheap Amazon stainless shorties for $85. They honestly installed and fit better than some of the expensive name brand shorties I’ve used before. I’ve had them on for about 4 months now without any issues...

I’d love to dump $500 on headers but the car needs a bunch of other work. Just figured $150 isn’t much when ya gotta do motor mounts anyways and it would free up some space to take the stockers out. I agree with the ceramic coating and that ya get what ya pay for.

Ceramic is expensive. I finally made the plunge and dumped $500 on a set, but it took me a long time. Having rusty headers is not the end of the World.

Kurt