LoadX, sea level load, ect...

blksn955.o

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
st.louis mo 314
Lets talk about load...

Our cars are Load based and that load is noted as LOADX and figured from the MAF. This load gets all the tables to use the correct cells and what have you. That is the basic run down.

Other than old topics I recall from the eectuning forum going back 4-5yrs+ I just dont recall any real topic on our sea level load and the need/ways to change this.

N/A would need different load figures than boosted or n2o apps I would figure?

How do you know your sea level load is set correct? I have always wondered this question? Good drivability is one thing but what about the WOT area?

The reason for this post for myself is the WOT area, I have noticed that my A/F WOT is solid in the correct load but that load at WOT seems to change and then my A/F seems to change (correctly based on the load amount). Its not a HUGE difference but its has me wondering this could leave power on the table as it is regular and seems to change more with the gear I am in. I have done nothing with my load settings in the eec outside of setting my CID scaler to the correct size of my engine if that even does anything.

• Sponsors (?)

I set load scaling to 1 on the blower cars (and N/A) I tune, making loadx=load.

This simplifies a good many things.

For your load being "off", watch your MAF voltage, is it getting as high in each gear?

Wes

I will have to check the MAF voltage...

I thought the j4j1 base program was already loadx=load? If it is not I will change it for the N/A side of things. What about a n2o tune?

IIRC the loadx=load thing is basically just running off the MAF at that point correct?

It'll just change it so that every table that uses "Load" as an axis will use the same # you see in the datalogs. You do not have to remember which uses load % and which use load. Makes it easier tuning.

Since Load is roughly the VE of your engine it should line up to the airflow mass entering in the engine. See how your MAFV corresponds to LOAD.

If you find that Load goes over 100% on a N/A combo you should check your injector sizing and MAF curve.

When spraying nitrous you should see slightly less load - you are displacing air with the nitrous/fuel you are spraying in the intake.

Wes