local member has his 07 gt500

• Sponsors (?)

i think there sweet looking with out the stripes. As for pulley swap they deff wont be as easy as the old ones. you cant swap the lower ones do to the placement of the crank shaft sensor and you cant remove the upper pulley like the old ones you have to swap the whole snout of the blower off to be able to swap pulleys. im sure there gonna make sick power though my work is suppose to be getting one soon cant wait to see it person.

jasonh_86 said:
Beautiful car.. I like the color, it's something different than the colors we've seen for the past few years. It may not be the most widely liked, but it is quite unique.

When I first saw an '07 in Grabber Orange, I didn't like it. However, on the GT500 is does work. :nice:

What is it with 05+ mustang colors, legend lime, windvail blue, and now this ugly yellowish orange. Gross.

BurningRubber said:
Yeah Ford needs to wake up. Were stuck with lame 4.6's. I dont think the 3v's are going to have a big aftermarket, and what aftermarket there is its gonna be expensive.

Uh have you picked up a mustang mag lately? The 05+ it seems have a larger aftermarket than the 2V 4.6L cars and they have been out 2 years instead of 10.

i just found out that the new gt500 have cracked steel i beam rods which is going to be the week part of this motor. they have forged pistions and cranked but **** ass rods. i think the rods are only good for 600 to 650 so the motors will be on borrowed time after that

its ugly... costs too much, local ford dealer said first 75k walks out w/ it, and 4000lbs..... im sorry but its still just a mustang... i think ill go across the street and buy me a Z06 and blow the DOORS off the shelby then drive circles around it at a track and take the extra 10k i have left over and put into full exhaust a cam, intake and tune.... oh and a little nitrous and ill still probably have over 7k left... 800hp street car for less than a FREAKING MUSTANG!

timeless2 said:
Hmmm, so you're saying the Super Chief won't have the V-10?

the word is, there will be a couple of models that will use it after most models stop using it. but not after 2008. who knows, maybe it's wrong, but i suspect the boss 6.2l with 425/425(many sources on the net use this figure) relegates it to the junk pile.

speedfreak98r said:
UGLY color..Possibly the ugliest stang color EVER.
Looks like Butterscotch on wheels....
I love the car itself, I can't believe that Ford did away with the C Scoops in the body for one, and couldn't find a way to have the gas cap in the back like the old ones. They say they did it their way because of trunk access issues, but nobody uses the trunk in a Mustang anyway!!! So I say do it "Right" Ford!!!