Roush Local Shelby Mustang GT 500 - Puts Down Over 500rwhp & 535 RWTQ

A guy that works at the local Ford dealership here got one of the new Shelby Mustangs about a month ago and just did some light mods that gave him some pretty big numbers. He simply installed a new blower pulley and had a tune and ended-up with around 510 rwhp & 535 rwtq. Whew! !!

I have to say, though, that the car itself soesn't look too hot. The car from the doors forward looks great and form the doors back looks terrible. I kinda' reminds me of going to the gym where you see those guys with huge and impressive uppper-bodies (front of the Shelby) with little chicken legs (the back of the Shelby). Also, the Cobra emblem on the side of the car is huge and way thick; doesn't really fit the car......

Still, these cars have some pretty mean motors.

• Sponsors (?)

wsbrigham said:
I kinda' reminds me of going to the gym where you see those guys with huge and impressive uppper-bodies (front of the Shelby) with little chicken legs (the back of the Shelby).

Who cares what another guy at the gym looks like? There are plenty of impressive ladies I would rather look at lol :nice:

They need to add some carbon fiber to the car. There really is no justifying a 4000lb sports car.

Yeah you get 100 more horses than the 03/04, but it runs the same times.

add some more appropriate sized wheels tires out back (or all the way around it for that matter) and it will enhance the muscle appearance.

My opinion ....

There are a bunch of them sitting at dealerships here in St. Louis waiting for new owners who want to pay the $20K over.... seems the frenzy slowed already. Not saying they won't get it, just nobody seems to be in the rush they were to get one.