Location of camshaft position sensor 94 6cyl

zimnypiwo

Oct 9, 2010
s.e.Pa.
Just got a 94 stang for my stepdaughter a little while ago and we got a check engine code that showed a camshaft position sensor... Can anyone help me with where this is located on a 1994 6 cyl. engine? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I am new to the forum! Hope all is well with everyone. I have a 94 3.8 liter and it has a throttle surge about 200-300 rpm jump about every 4 seconds, i am in Oregon and to me it seems it does it more in the rainy season but otherwise it runs fine.....even with the surge it runs fine just way annoying especially since it is a manual. I used a code reader and it pulled up camshaft position sensor but id like to get a second reading on a different reader but in the mean time i was wondering what anyone thought. I am just a DIY'er always maintained my own vehicles but by no means do i claim to be a real mechanic. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

To all, when ever there is a cam sensor DTC, always make the first thing done to have the alternator tested for excessive AC ripple. Almost all autoparts store will do the test for free.

Don't be one of those ppl that replace the cam sensor first only to find it does not solve the issue.

Hello I'm new here just signed up in need of help big time I just bought a 94 Ford mustang 3.8l..... idles amazing no knocks pings or tings purs like a kitten can rev it up an no problems BUT you put it in gear an it'll go but peddle to the floor won't go over 5 mph an starts spitting an sputtering an something puts it in gear an it just stalls can anybody give me a lead on this where to start