Long shot stolen in woodstock ontario canada

Car stolen from work...... Cops on him quick enough for people who know owner to get video...... car then gets away...... and now we are here on Stangnet trying to find it.

Am I the only one who thinks there are some chapters missing from this book? :shrug:
1630761659601.png

• Sponsors (?)

This is how it appears from my perspective and background. Someone probably saw dude trying to get into the car by slim jim or breaking window etc and called the cops. Cops arrived as dude was just taking off. They tried to stop him and he went full on smokey and the bandit. This was caught by someone on video due to all the commotion outside..lights/sirens, etc. Thief takes off and cops are told by a superior to NOT pursue because of the "liability" if he crashes. This is due to the "what if" society we have become. "What if" he crashes into someone. "What if" he rolls the car and dies. "What if" one of the officers involved in the pursuit crashes. Etc. Etc. Due to all of the lawsuits and ambulance chasing lawyers the easy answer is simply don't chase. I don't think it was the young officers fault. The young ones are usually the ones who will drive the tires off their cars to catch the bad guys.

Reactions: 1 users
This is how it appears from my perspective and background. Someone probably saw dude trying to get into the car by slim jim or breaking window etc and called the cops. Cops arrived as dude was just taking off. They tried to stop him and he went full on smokey and the bandit. This was caught by someone on video due to all the commotion outside..lights/sirens, etc. Thief takes off and cops are told by a superior to NOT pursue because of the "liability" if he crashes. This is due to the "what if" society we have become. "What if" he crashes into someone. "What if" he rolls the car and dies. "What if" one of the officers involved in the pursuit crashes. Etc. Etc. Due to all of the lawsuits and ambulance chasing lawyers the easy answer is simply don't chase. I don't think it was the young officers fault. The young ones are usually the ones who will drive the tires off their cars to catch the bad guys.
Pretty accurate, they drove a stolen range rover thru a closed gate security called the police while the 1 of the guys were trying too steal a ss blazer(unsuccessfully)another was taking my car and for some reason or another instead of blocking the only entrance the police were parked outside the gate and decided too throw a spike strip (and missed) then the chase was called of just down the street. The range rover got away , my car got away knowone caught. Lots of sightings of the car 40 minutes from me . But because of the location the police aren't very helpful. I've gotten hundreds of msgs today about it but still no car unfortunately.

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you get it back in one piece. I hate thieves. If caught they should have their hands cut off. Sorry, I have no tolerance for that kind of activity. It looks like a very nice car. Hope you had it insured properly. Good luck man.

Reactions: 1 user
Put a GPS tracker in all your cars and tell no one. I don't call the police. For me it's more fun catching them than a trip to the amusement park.

Last edited:
I do think in this day and age, every worthwhile Foxbody should have a GPS tracker installed. These cars are way too easy to steal, and the sooner you can find it the better before it ends up in pieces or at the bottom of a lake.

Reactions: 1 users
GPS tracker and wire in a hidden kill switch. There are a number of wires on this car that if you cut will render the car inoperable. Find one, cut it, run a hidden switch. Tell no one. Put it somewhere that if you get out of the car you can quickly flip it. Tell no one. Make sure nobody sees you flip it. Don’t wire it into a fog light or defrost switch as the first place I’d check.

GPS tracker as a backup.

remove your door pins. I’ve demonstrated in the past that I can break into a locked Foxbody in about 5 seconds with a thin screwdriver

This is a decent one. They all require a yearly or monthly subscription. I used to use an old phone with the charger hardwired and plugged up. Used a kid line through my provider and used their kid tracker app. Kept the phone on silent and tucked it away where it wouldn't be found. I suggest putting it somewhere hard to get to. With the trax4 you need to make sure it gives an accurate signal.

Screenshot_20210908-000352_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Some 'trackers' (or most ) have a 'shut down' mode where you disable the ignition so the car won't start, some even can turn the engine off anytime with a key stroke. Be careful some trackers are only useful within a hundred feet or so, make sure it is a hard wired unit like the one above. And is for automotive/marine use.