long tube hp vs shorty hp

diddylx50

Apr 7, 2003
looking for the most out of my h/i/c 306 i was looking into getting a set of long tubes. Right now I have 1 5/8in ford racing shorty headers, 2 1/2in h-pipe, and 2 1/2 mac pro dumps. I was thinking bout going with 1 5/8 long tubes and a mac prochamber for some extra power. How much more hp can I expect at the wheels over the other exhaust set up?

Andrew

• Sponsors (?)

diddylx50 said:
looking for the most out of my h/i/c 306 i was looking into getting a set of long tubes. Right now I have 1 5/8in ford racing shorty headers, 2 1/2in h-pipe, and 2 1/2 mac pro dumps. I was thinking bout going with 1 5/8 long tubes and a mac prochamber for some extra power. How much more hp can I expect at the wheels over the other exhaust set up?

Andrew

Longtube headers (1 5/8) O/R x-pipe or MAC prochamber and a set of DYNOMAX BULLETS. That will really perform with your motor over your current exhaust. 8-12 rwhp over your current exhaust.

I have MAC longtubes....custom o/r x-pipe.....dumped BULLETS and I love it. Makes quite bit more power than my old setup.

I have longtubes on mine... mac makes longtubes for the aod... if you get them make sure you get it coated with something mine are rusting bad although it has been 5 years. As to hp increase i think you could see 10-15rwhp but more tq over shorties..