Longtubes on a Fox. Any ground clearance issues when lowered? Steering shaft?

MustangOwner

Banned
Dec 13, 2006
Hey guys, i was just interested in going from my BBK shorty headers to some BBK 1 5/8 LT Ceramics. Have you run into any problems? Motor flexing and rubbing something? Ground clearance? Rubbing the steering shaft? and clearance issues at all? The motor is pulled so nows the time to do if i'm gonna.

• Sponsors (?)

TTT the top. Intrested in this also.

Can you drop a transmission out of the car without unhooking the headers from the cylinder heads?

Not in my car you can't, and i can go lower but there's definitely going to be issues with speed bumps and driveways. If i come across a really big speed bump they scrape as it is. I've got MAC headers and Eibach Pro Kit springs.

im running the headman heaters on my car but its not lower, but i believe i have plent of ground clearance. And i don't have to unhook them to change trannys. Im going to put them in the coupe that i just picked up and going to leave the 4cyl springs in it, I don't think im going to have a probable. My buddy is running bbk's on his notch with 4cyl springs in the front they drag over speed bumps. They also hang a good bit lower than my headers. There not in the way of pulling the tranny. But they blow header gaskets out alote.

I'm not sure why you would want to try to swap tranys with the headers still on...between the starter and the trany bolts, that would really suck with the headers right in your face.

They are going to rub the ground and steering shaft.. You might get heatsoak in the starter and they have to be unhooked to drop the tranny.. Just another way to draw attention to yourself at 3am huh..

Yeah i got a steep drive way, and also now that i think about it, i wont be able to get my car on our hoist at the shop.... hm maybe these LT's aren't the best. And with rubbing the steering shaft and so on...

i have bbk 1" 5/8 Lt's and they don't seem to hang much lower than anything else under the car. they do scrape on the occasional speed bump, and my car is not lowered. there is about 3/4" clearance with the steering shaft on mine. the passenger side header slighty rubs somewhere down by the rhs fender, just enough to be annoying. i think when i put new motor mounts in, it will clear with no issues.

I have BBK 1 5/8" LTs and not issues with ground clearance or steering shaft rubbing. No heatsoak issues either. Though I do need to get some decent locking header bolts cause the bolts I have now SUCK.

My friends BBKs hang way lower than my Macs, and he also cannot get at the starter whereas mine comes right in and out. I have NO idea why they are so different. His also appears to clear the steering, mine isn't close to clearing.

Mines decently low, and like stated before doesn't seem to be htting the ground.

510784_521_full.jpg

510784_522_full.jpg