look at this steal!

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
1991 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 (highly customized)

Ok so first off I hope I am not stepping on anybody's feet who is a part of this wonderful site.. BUT check out what I think is an outrageous 'deal' for a fox body. Just thought some of yall might like to see how crazy other ppl are out there.. Oh did I mention that it has a lovely salvage title to go along with that sweet pricetag? Here's the post: :eek::jaw::rlaugh:

This FAST 1991 Mustang is ready to hit the street. It has lots of power and needs just a little interior work to finish it out. A base Mustang has been refined with only quality performance-inducing parts to produce a special ride. All of the air conditioning equipment has been removed to lighten the car. The car has a salvage rebuilt title, because it was in a wreck a few years ago (but was fixed correctly and has no evidence of being in a collision). I am only asking for money for the parts installed in this beast – I have not factored in a cost for the base car in my asking price. See the installed list of parts below for a total inventory of what has been installed. The car can be parted out just for the performance parts alone – however, you would not want to do that.

The tires are in really good shape. Brakes have been recently replaced. All fluids are fresh. Car was re-painted about 1.5 years ago. It runs perfectly. It has about 9000 miles on the rebuilt engine and about 300 miles on the freshly rebuilt T5 manual 5 speed transmission. The Cervini hood looks really nice.

Interior needs some work:
• Needs new door and window weather stripping
• Needs both door panels
• Lacks radio, has the open slot in dash where a radio goes

I will post pictures this weekend after I give it a good wash and wax.

Here is the detail of what performance parts are installed in the car. I could not get this information to post where it looks good. Hopefully, you can read the information. I can email you the Excel spreadsheet that contains all of the information if you need it.

Category Description Cost

Short Block
30 thousandths over 306 by Mission Motor Sports, oversized connecting rods with ARP hardware/forged pistons and Hell Fire rings (balanced and blueprinted) $2,500
DSS stud girdle (makes short block as strong as 4 bolt main block) $330
Ford Racing HV oil pump (25% over OE) $54
Moroso 7 quart street/strip aluminum oil pan $230
Custom grind Lunati roller camshaft for low-end torque and broad powerband $460
Ford Racing aluminum roller lifters $120
After market aluminum (stronger than OEM) timing chain cover $80
Cloyes street true double roller timing chain set $44
TOTAL SHORT BLOCK $3,818

Top End
Ported and polished GT 40 heads, converted to true 3/8" studs $1,600
Comp Cams double springs set $140
Comp Cams ultra gold stud mounted 1.6 roller rockers $240
Comp Cams push rod guide plates $40
Comp Cams hightech pushrods $130
High performance head gaskets $110
ARP head studs $120
TOTAL TOP END $2,380

Ignition & Related
MSD coil $45
MSD 6al ignition box $200
MSD pro billet distributor $260
Accell 300+ race wires 9 mm $92
130 Amp (upgraded) alternator $130
93 Corbra Starter (new) $130
JEGS battery relocation kit (behind RR tire) $120
Jegs battery shutoff switch $40
TOTAL IGNITION & RELATED $1,017

Cooling & Pulley System
Black Magic 3300 CFM electric fan w/thermostat $330
2 row large brass radiator $250
Jegs chrome hi-flow water pump $120
Aftermarket 160 degree thermostat $16
Custom recirculating coolant recovery tank $120
Pro Comp Electronics cog pulley system (ab:taco:ely no slipping) $130
Speed Doctor alternator bracket (mid-mount) $110
TOTAL COOLING & PULLEY SYSTEM $1,076

Fuel & Air
Holly adjustable fuel regulator $80
70 mm Professional Products throttle body $120
BBK SSI-R Intake with oversize fuel rails $600
Ford Racing 24 lb injectors $230
CNL Mass Airflow meter for 24 lb injectors $125
Holly 190 GPH Fuel pump $120
TOTAL FUEL & AIR $1,275

Exhaust
BBK Equal length shorty headers $230
BBK X-pipe with straight-through cats $410
Flowmaster 1 chamber mufflers (pair) $180
TOTAL EXHAUST $820

COMPLETE ENGINE TOTAL (the 6 categories above without tax or shipping) $10,386

Suspension
BBK Caster camber plates $200
Strange Engineering 10 point adjustable shocks (front and rear) $490
UPR chrome Molly Rear control arms $300
Custom frame stiffeners $120
BBK chrome strut tower brace $170
Eibach 2" lowering sportsman springs $260
TOTAL SUSPENSION $1,540

Differential,Transmission & related
Ford 8.8 rebuilt differential with 3.55 gears and strengthening T/A differential cover $610
Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft $245
Freshly rebuilt world class T5 transmission $780
SPEC aluminum flywheel with replaceable steel insert $300
SPEC stage 3 - 6 puck high performance clutch $325
Pro 5.0 short shifter $175
Quick Quadrant and heavy duty clutch cable kit $80
TOTAL REMAINING DRIVELINE & RELATED $2,515

Interior
Nordskog Blue digital instrument panel $540
Grant 3 spoke cometition steering wheel 13" $140
Grant anti theft steering wheel kit $120
Autometer 5" tach with shift light $130
Hurst shifter arm and shifter ball $60
TOTAL INTERIOR $990

Exterior
Custom "high-lander green" paint job and body work $1,500
Cervinis Fiberglass 2000 Cobra R Hood without "third bulge" $600
Cervinis 93 Cobra-R grill insert $200
After market Projector headlamps $325
Alteza Tail lamps $120
UPR smoked fog lamps $60
TOTAL EXTERIOR $2,805

TOTAL VEHICLE PERFORMANCE INVESTMENT $18,236

(without tax, shipping, or OEM replaced parts)

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

• Sponsors (?)

well my point was that this guy wants 10K for a fox body with a salvages title and no power adder on or included... seems extremely high to me. The list of engine parts does look nice but nowhere near what justifies 10' for almost a 20 year car

So rusty your saying that this car is worth that or close to it? I have only had new edge cars so I am not a fox guy by any means but I do know enough for me to think this guy is nuts. But this is all my 2 cents.. I would much rather put that 10K into a true classic car than a fox

hell no i think its worth 4k most, im saying all these douche-nozzle's are jacking the price trying to make them classics.. when its not really that great of a car or fast or structurally sound..

the most i payed for a fox was 4300 and that was a 1 owner 7up vert that had 69k on the clock.. i know where one is right now that has 37k on it for 6 grand, also 1 owner guy daily drove it from 88-90 and parked it and drives it on occasion..

Ok so I was intending to be facetious when I posted this but I guess some of the parts are good quality. I still don't see 10K worth in this car with a salvaged title.. And the only reason why i posted this on here is that I know there has been a few people talking about how much ppl think their foxes are worth.

So rusty your saying that this car is worth that or close to it? I have only had new edge cars so I am not a fox guy by any means but I do know enough for me to think this guy is nuts. But this is all my 2 cents.. I would much rather put that 10K into a true classic car than a fox

Hell, another 10 years Fox's will be true classic cars:flag:. Ditto on who said beware on junked cars, its easier then you think to bend a frame and not worth really fixin, I would give this car every test I can think of before puttin 10 grand in the car, besides only a serious car collector would put that much into a Fox, and we are all limited budgets.

we all know when we sell our stangs u never get what u have in them ... im sure the car is nice but i think the most he would get is 5k maybe ... having a salvage title really hurts it

Ok so I was intending to be facetious when I posted this but I guess some of the parts are good quality. I still don't see 10K worth in this car with a salvaged title.. And the only reason why i posted this on here is that I know there has been a few people talking about how much ppl think their foxes are worth.

Oh ya...I hear ya...I was thinking the same thing...then looking at the parts list..was like....(insert my post here)

no.... It should def be faster than a npi car. My friends gt40 head and cam combo ran 13.1@ 107.

With a lot more than gt-40 heads..

Gotta have more details from your buddys car because there is no way with 3.55s a gt40 head car is trapping 107.

Agreed.. Some of us over the age of 30 were around for the old 5.0 heyday.. The old 5.0 seems to run a lot faster now on the internet than I remember them running at the track back in the mid 90's..

With a lot more than gt-40 heads..

Agreed.. Some of us over the age of 30 were around for the old 5.0 heyday.. The old 5.0 seems to run a lot faster now on the internet than I remember them running at the track back in the mid 90's..

25thmustang on here is running 12's with very minor bolt ons. stock heads and cam i do believe.

25thmustang on here is running 12's with very minor bolt ons. stock heads and cam i do believe.

yeah it's possible on a well setup car.. I have also seen PI 4.6's go 12.90's with very minor mods on slicks.. It's all about knowing how to drive, picking good air days and hooking.. most people build from the engine out, if you build your suspension and get it to hook before you do power mods you can run some impressive times if you have skill.

I have a friend going high 12's on a auto LT-1 camaro that still has it's stock cat and the only engine mods is a tune CAI and mid length headers. runs 13.1@102 on the old nitto DR's and 12.8-9 on slicks.. BTW the car is full weight still has the spare and jack in it.

BUT my point is the 5.0 in stock form is about equal to a NPI 4.6 powerwise. the notches ran easy mid 14's back in the day on street tires but the vast majority of gt 5.0's were in the low 15's high 14's..

I am just getting a bit irritated at the anti 4.6 people I have run into over the years.. They seem to overrate the hell out of the 5.0 and underrate the 4.6 cars.

BUT my point is the 5.0 in stock form is about equal to a NPI 4.6 powerwise. the notches ran easy mid 14's back in the day on street tires but the vast majority of gt 5.0's were in the low 15's high 14's..

I am just getting a bit irritated at the anti 4.6 people I have run into over the years.. They seem to overrate the hell out of the 5.0 and underrate the 4.6 cars.

i can agree with you on that.