Look what I saw today...

DarkBuddha

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
Seattle & Tampa
Type N/W Torino, 2 blocks from my condo here in Seattle.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I stopped back to take a look and the owner was sitting in the passenger seat as I pulled up. Late 40s, maybe early 50s... total "guy" in jeans and a black Metallica shirt. He seemed kinda nervous when I pulled up, got out of the car looking around, started moving kinda quick. I started a quick conversation and noticed he smelled strongly of beer. He had an appointment for a job interview at that moment and was on his way, but I talked with him just long enought to find out he was the original owner since early '71. Its mostly original, one repaint in '86, no engine work/mods, automatic (didn't know which one)... pretty normal Torino really, except for being a Type N/W with all the trim (Cobra tail panel, hood pins, etc.) and stripes. He likes it, gets noticed a lot, plans to get it repainted, but otherwise, it's just a "good ol' car" to him. He's not a hobbyist/enthusiast, just an old car guy. Still, cool to see a Type N/W on the street. :)

• Sponsors (?)

I started a quick conversation and noticed he smelled strongly of beer. He had an appointment for a job interview at that moment and was on his way,

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

I hope the interview was at a beer factory.

Yeah, the situation was pretty funny. He walked off in the direction of a bunch of apartment complexes (the only thing around that area really), so I wonder if he was looking for a maintenance gig or the like? :shrug: Still, just says to me he might wanna sell that car sometime... :D