Look what this stupid ass did to a Boss 302...

OK, you started and win the "peeing contest" ( you WERE the one who started with telling everybody what a torque monster your Boss was) Just don't get defensive when someone who doesn't own a "boss" Stang challenges your Boss's manhood. Sure the Boss 9's COULD have been great cars, but the fact remains that they were vastly overrated in stock trim. :hail2: :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

:cheers: No problem, I'll jump off the stump. But you're getting me wrong, any inference that I've got some sort of superiority complex or insecurity going on because I've got a Boss is purely your assumption. I didn't chime in just to puff my own chest and show off my car, I did it to defend the honor of the nameplate, period. How much I paid for mine, and you paid for yours, means squat to me. Quite honestly, I scooped up my Boss in 1997 when the market had sagged to a real low-point on those cars. I got a top-notch car for less than most people pay for their family's minivan. Priorities and good timing got me my car, I'm not rattling a Rolex as I type. The only reason I spoke up so firmly, is because I knew the subject. In fact, I drove my stepdaughter to school, and drove to work in the Boss this Morning.

RICKS said:
:cheers: No problem, I'll jump off the stump. But you're getting me wrong, any inference that I've got some sort of superiority complex or insecurity going on because I've got a Boss is purely your assumption. I didn't chime in just to puff my own chest and show off my car, I did it to defend the honor of the nameplate, period. How much I paid for mine, and you paid for yours, means squat to me. Quite honestly, I scooped up my Boss in 1997 when the market had sagged to a real low-point on those cars. I got a top-notch car for less than most people pay for their family's minivan. Priorities and good timing got me my car, I'm not rattling a Rolex as I type. The only reason I spoke up so firmly, is because I knew the subject. In fact, I drove my stepdaughter to school, and drove to work in the Boss this Morning.
:nice: Just be careful in the Boss when pulling up to next to other "nose heavy" Stangs and Rangers LOL. :D :D

You would have liked my buddy's '84 Toyota pickup with an aluminum-headed motorsport 5.0 crate motor, backed by a T5 5-speed, aluminum driveshaft and 8.8 3.55 geared Mustang rear end, custom-fabbed coil-over front suspension such that the 5.0 could sit low enough that the stock flat hood remained in place, front and rear sway bars, dual RH exit exhaust (a-la Lightning), and late-model Probe GT wheels. It looked like a stock little white Toyota, with nothing giving it away other than the 225/55-16 rubber on cast wheels. But, one night while passing a dump truck in 3rd gear, the rear end got a little loose, and it went into the ditch. Scared him such that he pulled the motor and trans for a future drag car project, and sold the truck with a stock 302 and auto to somebody. Little bitty trucks with V-8's in them pose plenty of handling issues!

Everybody thinks of the Rangers as being "small" for a V-8 , but in reality, they're not. Mine weighs 3800lbs( ext cab) with me in it, and the wheel base is almost as long as my 95 E150 van. A reg cab short bed would have been much lighter but I bought this truck new in 89 and used the $3000 I sold my 427 Stang for, as the down payment. I wore the V6 out and pulled it for the 302. Mine looks pretty much the way i bought it, except for the narrowed Explorer 8.8 with 10X15 aluminum slots wearing 275/60/15's peeking out from under it. And the Chevy 68-Z28-302 fender emblems on the front fenders :D ( those are another story)

RacerX said:
It's a 70's custom, he says in the description from 76 to 82. I used to see the type at the Carl Casper shows. Call it rice if you want but it's nothing more than an old custom that's been refreshed. Back when it was done the cars weren't that valuble and you could get a big block for next to nothing due to the 70s gas crisis. Sadly, the Boss 302 engine probably got traded or sold off back then.

Yep, we can loosen the noose on this guy. It was compromised a long time ago, so he's not the heretic I first thought. Heh. :shrug: