Looking At Fox 4 Cylinder V8 Swap Car

1B@DPNY

Jun 2, 2014
Looking at a fox that has been converted over to v8. Just wanted some thoughts on good and bad thing from this being done. To me the good is the car is really clean and straight, has 4 wheel disc brakes everything that needed to be swapped was. All but tranny as the only thing not swapped out. It has everything for air but two hoses. The engine was rebuilt with trickflow heads, rockers, cobra intake and 24# injectors and more as well. The only thing I worry about is not having done this swap myself I don't know what is done. The tranny and the rearend are the two things that bug me the most. Rearend is a 94-95 rear. And not having air. This would be just a cruising car for me not a strict racer. Just wanted some more thoughts on this. The car is really clean.

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on the price really, if you can get it for a good price then it may be worth fixing the things you dont like.

Reactions: 1 user
Either way it's a 20 year old car, you don't know what's been done 4 cylinder or not.

I purchased a 4 cylinder swapped for a 5.0. Something's weren't done correctly, but I fixed them. No big deal. Not all that difficult of a swap.