• Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38176

I want around 500rwhp.

What I've got:
D1 Procharger
forged bottom end

Can I get there with 42lb injectors, SVT Focus pump, and a KB BAP?

What should the compression ratio be?

How much boost will I need to run to get there?

• Sponsors (?)

im thinking the whole fuel system may need to be reworked. im not sure that a single focus pump w/ bap will be enough for 500 rwhp. i would at a minimum upgrade to 60 lb injectors, take it to the dyno and see if you run out of fuel. im almost certain your going to run out of injector w/42's. i have the kb 36 lb injectors and ran out of injector at 5900 rpm and that is around 400 rwhp.

personally, i wouldnt gamble with my motor. i currently run a focus pump w/ bap. it is sufficient for my mods.... however, if i were to go forged, i would go to a return style system. probably a cobra tank w/ fore hat and twin aeromotive stealth pumps.

Well what would be the max power for the 42's and BAP on the stock GT pump?

What would be the max power for the 42's and BAP on a focus pump?

My procharger kit came with FRPP 42's and the BAP. I think I'll just run those (and maybe the focus pump) for a while and save up for a fuel system down the road.

BTW, Im going to run the MMR 5.0 stroker 1000 rotating assembly if that makes any difference....

What is needed to install an 8 bolt crank into a Romeo (6 bolt) engine? Is a new flexplate required?

If it's the forged 8-bolt you'll need to clearance a bit of material to make way for the center counterweights. Other than that, it should be a drop-in AFAIK. Before doing so you'll want to balance the whole reciprocating assembly, of course.

Yes, you'll need a new flexplate due to the bolt pattern differences.

What woud be a good compression ratio for 500-600rwhp on 91 octane pump gas?

that depends on who you ask. if you have too much compression than you wont be able to make good use of boost / timing due to detonation. if you dont have enough compression, it will be a dog until the boost comes in.

if i were to build a procharged 2v with a forged bottom end, i would probably set the compression somewhere around 9.5:1 and run 15 or so psi on the street. With that being said, I would also be running h/c/i as well with the setup. if you want to see 500 rwhp or more, you are going to need cams at a minimum. see MHS 500 rwhp on a budget article.

the future goal for my car is to run a forged stroker shortblock 9.5:1 with trick flow heads, stage 3+ cams, and port match my lil 2.1's lower intake mani to the heads. 10% overdrive crank pulley w/ a thimble sized pulley on the kb. i will probably also manufacture a sheetmetal inlet for the 2.1 than can utilize a huge oval throttlebody and jlt ram air cai w/ 90mm maf. that combo should be good for around 600 rwhp.

Would I be able to run 15-18psi on 91 with a 9.5 CR or would a low 9 be a better idea? Im trying to decide between a mid 9 and a low 9 CR (-18cc vs. -21-22cc dish)

you could probably get away with running the -18cc dish (as long as your set up is intercooled). the tuner may have to pull some timing tho for the 91. If I were you I would run the 9.5:1 cr... if i had problems with det, i would spray it with methanol.