looking for a new short throw shifter

autumn_again

Oct 2, 2007
Hamilton, NJ
i'm looking at buying a new short throw shifter.

i like how short the throws are with the hurst, but i don't like how notchy it is down at the track. i thought i would like it better because its really precise feeling, but i can't seem to nail third gear with it.

i was thinking MGW. but i don't know how they are with these cars, with the older mustangs i know they were the way to go.

• Sponsors (?)

hows shifting with it? any times you've missed gears?

i am ordering the che k member brace + torque limiters and anti squat brackets tonight, and if they dont help me at all i think i am going to go with the MGW. can you post a picture from the drivers seat? do you have yours angled towards you at all?

hows shifting with it? any times you've missed gears?

i am ordering the che k member brace + torque limiters and anti squat brackets tonight, and if they dont help me at all i think i am going to go with the MGW. can you post a picture from the drivers seat? do you have yours angled towards you at all?

The MGW is very smooth, firm, and solid. Tons of adjustability. I don't have it angled towards me. I've got mine sitting pretty low, too. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow when the sun is out. I've got a new shift knob and I just cleaned the interior tonight !! Perfect timing. :D

I've got the CHE K-Member Brace with TLs and it made a big difference in power shifting. The transmission with the factory motor mounts deflects a ton and you can miss third even with an aftermarket shifter.

just ordered the anti squat brackets and the k member brace + torque limiters. man spending money is fun.

i think i might of knock my hurst shifter loose or something, it was making a vibrating noise on the way home.

how easy is the set up on the k member brace + torque limiters. i see its doesn't look too hard to install, but i am not sure on the torque limiters cause it looks like there is some adjustment to it.

is it bad? i daily drive the car, but as you can probably tell by the big and littles, and the sway bar delete i am not worried about a little roadnoise if i can get better performance out of it.

I daily drive mine. I don't think you'll mind the noise, it's minimal. It's only going over a bumpy road than it makes a noise. I can't hear it since I added the Pypes O/R X pipe though.

alright, that settles it. i sent them a message asking if i could upgrade my order to the comp ends.

i don't want to do things multiple times. do it right the first time and be good.

pypes will be down at the track that i race at alot in less then a month. if i can get a good deal on an o/r pipe, i may have to throw on on the stang. i'm tired of not being able to hear my self at the track.

are you guys installing these yourself? I want to get one but don't you have to drop the transmission or something?

No way !!

nah i don't see any reason to have to drop the tranny.

looks like like 4 bolts to the k member, and 2 to the bellhousing. i could be wrong as i haven't spent much time underneath these cars especially in that area.

Yup. :nice:

well, i got an email back. and they are upgrading my order and lets just say i am going to be ordering alot more parts from them from now on. this is my first time dealing with them, and i'm already planning on another order very soon.