Looking for a pretentious hat to wear while driving my cabriolet

• Sponsors (?)

Ok is the OP trolling or blind? A base V6 vert....really?? Its suited more for a teenage girl haha

My cabriolet is far from a base model. It has two of the most expensive options for the 2006 MY:

1. Silky power folding cabriolet top.

2. Hands free transmission.

How many times do I have to say I am not interested in racing. All that extra power is juvenile, and it discourages driving slowly so that paupers can stare and drool in jealousy.

:stick:You are starting to sound like someone who could change a 9 dollar bill in three's:runaway:. That or your self esteem is so low, a hat ain't goin' to improve it. Question, it seems obvios that you are looking for some sort of distinction and recognition so, why is your 'cabriolet' not Ferrari Red? Another question. Status? Are you new? Or are you just new to driving?:scratch:

Hmmm, now you've got me thinking. I never even considered a fur hat. That particular model hat may be a bit too "hip-hopy" for my liking. I could go with one of those Daniel Boone coon tail hats, though.

Yes,Yes, you have hit the nail on the head. Daniel Boone spent a lot of time
in Kentucky and was buried there, something that would be impressive
to the folks. Sticking with that theme Im thinkin maybe a bulit in whiskey
still in the trunk to be your next mod! Imagine a moonlit night serving
fresh MoonShine out of your Cabriolets trunk to the numerous hot Kentucky chicks you have drawn
in with your new Racoon hat and the intiminating,menacing tone of that powerful V-6.

:stick:You are starting to sound like someone who could change a 9 dollar bill in three's:runaway:.

I'd most likely just throw the $9 bill away. There is no status in having such small denominations of money. Would be quite an embarrassment for a status-tician such as myself to be perceived as poor.

three-dollar-bill.jpg

That or your self esteem is so low, a hat ain't goin' to improve it. Question, it seems obvios that you are looking for some sort of distinction and recognition so, why is your 'cabriolet' not Ferrari Red?

Actually, my self esteem is quite high. This is due, in part, by surrounding myself with people who are beneath me. I am not looking for a confidence boost from the hat; only looking to supplement the status I get from piloting a glorious cabriolet with a silky smooth top.

Red Mustangs are some of the most disguising poseur mobiles on the road. Please don't get me started.

Another question. Status? Are you new? Or are you just new to driving?:scratch:

Let me try to explain. I am what you would call a "Status Enthusiast". Basically, I get my jollies by making others green with envy when they see me parading around town in my cabriolet without a care in the world. I bought my car for one reason; to make others jealous.

Mr. Honda Oddesy looks at me and plain drools. He is taken back to his college years when he too drove a cabriolet and had a shred of status and self respect. He then looks back at the two screaming infants with feces ridden diapers that are taking him for every penny he is worth and thinks, "Why?". He day dreams of the carefree life that her perceives me to have. A life with disposable income, silky cabriolet tops, and status to the wazoo. This is what I call a "Status Kill".

Seems that most members here are performance enthusiast. They get their kills by racing Honda Civics with coffee can exhausts in between stoplights in 20MPH school zones. This, in my opinion, is reckless, juvenile, and unsafe.

It's much safer to park your cabriolet in the back of Wal-Mart parking lot or coast through the housing authority parking lot and snicker to yourself as the serfs drool. My car does it's job sitting perfectly still. No need to waste gas, have a loud stinky exhaust, and put others at risk.

Yes,Yes, you have hit the nail on the head. Daniel Boone spent a lot of time
in Kentucky and was buried there, something that would be impressive
to the folks. Sticking with that theme Im thinkin maybe a bulit in whiskey
still in the trunk to be your next mod! Imagine a moonlit night serving
fresh MoonShine out of your Cabriolets trunk to the numerous hot Kentucky chicks you have drawn
in with your new Racoon hat and the intiminating,menacing tone of that powerful V-6.

You may be on to something. Do you have any idea where he was buried? I am thinking of sending my man servant off to go dig him up. If I could have the coon tail hat straight off the head of good old Daniel Boone I could really hang with the big dawgs. Thanks for your help, streethorse, you are a good friend.

Cars for Sale: 2006 Ford Mustang Convertible in Lawndale, CA 90260: Convertible Details - 306306927 - AutoTrader.com
Man you really have to be a high roller to afford this level of extravagance. That is one rare cabriolet you have there sir..im sure the panties just drop as the ladies see you roll by. Haha this guy has got to be trolling...

I never said that my car was expensive; just laden with status. I bought the bare minimum to get the looks and stares that I desire. I'm not sure where you live, but I live in Kentucky. Here owning a cabriolet puts me near the top of the status totem pole. It is perceived as a "rich man's weekend play toy" and a second or third car. The coupes are a dime a dozen, but the cabriolet's are oh so rare and dripping in status.

Believe me there is no status in owning a convertible v6 pony. That's right not mustang, pony. If anything the looks you are getting, if any, are of pitty and ridicule because you couldn't afford a real mustang. You drive the bottom of the mustang totem pole.

I never said that my car was expensive; just laden with status. I bought the bare minimum to get the looks and stares that I desire. I'm not sure where you live, but I live in Kentucky. Here owning a cabriolet puts me near the top of the status totem pole. It is perceived as a "rich man's weekend play toy" and a second or third car. The coupes are a dime a dozen, but the cabriolet's are oh so rare and dripping in status.

So in other words, you live in a ****hole?:nice::nice::nice:

Believe me there is no status in owning a convertible v6 pony. That's right not mustang, pony. If anything the looks you are getting, if any, are of pitty and ridicule because you couldn't afford a real mustang. You drive the bottom of the mustang totem pole.

You are not in my target audience. You are an enthusiast; you know too much. Fortunately for me, for every one of you, there are 1000 peasants putting along in their Corollas and Spectras. To them I am king. Their sweet anguish sustains me.

So in other words, you live in a ****hole?:nice::nice::nice:

Oh my sweet Puma, you ARE my target audience. Every night before I cozy up next to my super hot trophy wife I pray that I will see you creeping around in your "ancient thing". Your car is so old it makes William Shatner seem relevant. Your Camaro is so disgustingly repulsive that my best guess is that it was hand crafted by Lucifer himself.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to get back to hat shopping. I am going to try my darndest not to respond to any of your future posts. It looks bad for a rich cabriolet owner to be slumming it with the "help".

Take your pick, either ones suits you.

View attachment 168443
View attachment 168444

Good to see a fellow cabriolet owner in these parts. I was beginning to loose hope. What do you think of this hat? It is a Tommy Bahama Safari hat.

product-images--e7a9b8388a18f9d8e6c997943d61f14880cd2cd1-c7b7f76a74e2f3bb--jpg_sqthumb_med--menshats-scala-panama-safari-hat.jpg

Here is a bit of info:

Panama sun hat of handwoven ecuadorian straw with a grosgrain band circling the crown and a signature accent at the side.

Hat: Grade 8 Panama
Band: Grosgrain ribbon
Makes poor people jealous
Brim: 2.25"
Elastic inner headband
One size fits most
Imported
Dripping in status

I can see this hat being quite a nice conversation piece as it is hand woven from exotic materials. I can think of quite a few instances where I could work this into a conversation.

Do you have a favorite hat you wear when you drive your cabriolet? Is your cabriolet top smooth as silk?

Why don't you just enjoy it, get over the superiority complex and desire to cap on others. Seriously, are you just being facetious and getting one over on us? Anyway, a baseball cap is enough. Turn it backwards so it doesn't blow off.

Over the last few months I have been noticing a trend; cabriolet owners love their hats. I have noticed that the choice of hat varies with the make and model of vehicle. For instance; Camaro cabriolet owners seem to really like their "Bud Light" and "NASCAR" hats. I have been seeing quite a few Mercedes Benz cabriolet owners sporting yamakas. Just the other day I saw a Chrysler cabriolet owner wearing a cowboy hat.

My question is, in your opinion, what would be the most pretentious hat that I could purchase to wear in my cabriolet. I am getting so many looks of jealousy and the status is intoxicating. I would like to have a hat that makes me look as rich as the cabriolet does. I have considered a crown, but that's a little over the top even by my standards.

TIA

Thats "yarmulka," not yamaka. Maybe they're just knit caps. Jews have no business driving German cars.

Thanks for getting a rise out of us.

This is really fun. Big duck in small pond? Fancy eatin' table in dining room at home complete with the pot passing poles? Six holes to put the bones? A green table cloth thats glued to the table?