Looking for info on the 95 Cobra R

• Sponsors (?)

bayellowstang said:
What MAF did they use? What where the cam specs? What intake did it use?

I did not search on here for info, but i did other places. Thanks in advance.

I believe the R used the same MAF sensor as the regular cobra, now, not 100% sure, but I think so, because the air intake, TB, Intake manifold, and cylinder heads were the same as the regular 5.0 cobra, but as far as cam, you got me.

The cam was a flat tappet hydraulic, and it wasn't very good. Ford used it because it was already certified for emmisions and they figured racers would change them anyway.

When we were racing the '95 R in the IMSA Street Stock Endurance Series, Ford submitted the offical parts list to IMSA with a hydraulic roller. But that wasn't the cam that it rolled off the assembly line with. ;)

dcarlson said:
The cam was a flat tappet hydraulic, and it wasn't very good. Ford used it because it was already certified for emmisions and they figured racers would change them anyway.

When we were racing the '95 R in the IMSA Street Stock Endurance Series, Ford submitted the offical parts list to IMSA with a hydraulic roller. But that wasn't the cam that it rolled off the assembly line with. ;)

I'm looking because I run the Cobra-R tune in my stang. I'm trying to find the cam specs to match up the injector timing to my cam.

My car runs far better with the Cobra-R tune then it does the normal cobra or the GT.

Thanks for all the info so far.

SVT used the Ford Racing M50 flat-tappet cam.

208 degree/224 degree intake/exhaust @ 0.050" of lift

0.453"/0.453" intake/exhaust lift

As you can tell, it's pretty conservative. Those would be mild specs for a 302, much less a 351W.

GT40 iron heads.

The 95 R had a different air intake. It uses a 96-2000 GT conical air filter, if you look up the replacement part at K&N.

I'm not sure about the MAF or the throttle body setup.

The radiator is an aluminum piece. You can buy one through Ford Racing; I don't know who the original manufacturer is.

jasonlee0704 said:
The 95 R had a different air intake. It uses a 96-2000 GT conical air filter, if you look up the replacement part at K&N.
Yeah, that's right. I forgot about that. We sent the filter to K&N so they could make one for us. When the '96 Mustang came out a year later it turned out to be the same filter.

The radiator is not a direct bolt in. It takes different brackets and a degas bottle.