Looking for more POWER........04 Cobra

MACKNIFICENTX01

Oct 26, 2004
How's it going guys? Not too bad in my neck of the woods. Well, first off I own a 04 Screaming Yellow Coupe. Bought her with only 700 miles on the clock. Clean as a whistle. Perfect in every way and I haven't had one issue yet. No tick, no vibe, no stall.

This is my 3rd Mustang. My first stang was a 98 v6 with dual flows. I then moved up along the food chain to an 01 Zinc yellow GT, which I still own, and now the Cobra. One year and 9k miles later I believe It's time for more POWER!

Current Mods:
-Magnaflow Magnapack CB
-MRT catted H
-K&N FIPK

With just the catback and K&N she dynoed in at 400rwhp 379 rwtq

I want to do a pulley n' chip in the near future and was wondering what is the best route to go? What products do you guys recommend? What size pulley? 2.93 seems to be the best bet? Gates or gatorback belt? Size? Will I need new sparkplugs, and last but not least which Tuner to go with? SCT XCAL2 or the Diablosport Predator?

I'm pretty new at this so I appreciate any and all info. and hopefully I'll be at 450rwhp very soon. Other than the pulley/chip the other mods I'm lookin at are:

MM XL Subframes
H&R SS springs
MM caster camber plates
MM isos.

Thanks all! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the club!

What is your target hp? 500? 600? That will help us recommend whether or not you need MAF/injector/fuel/cooling upgrades. Ask your tuner what he is comfortable using for a programmer/software. Either one will balance your tune.

http://www.billetflow.com/supercharger_pulleys.htm

Just call these guys and have them set you up with their 2.93 pulley system. You shouldn't have to touch the Maf or fuel as long as you don't go over 500 rwhp. If your objective is 550+ hp, then you need to do alot more supporting mods to the fuel/maf/driveline.

Also, you should look at H&R race springs with stock iso's. They are the perfect drop and ride.

You'll have more then enough power to break the tires at will, I suggest upgrading your tires to Nittos in the rear and an IRS girdle from billetflow. 500hp is wasted if you are spinning the stock rubber.

What is my target HP? I'm looking at something along the lines of 450-475. Nothing that will require a whole lot of other mods at this point. Don't want to go too crazy with my set up. Somethin reliable, fun and safe.

I've heard a lot about billetflow, seems like that's the way to go with the pulley. I'll def. give them a call. I suppose they offer pulleys in different colors.

About the H&R's. Which lowers the car more? Race or Sport spring? I failed to mention that I am running WIDE MEATS in the back. 315 Goodyear GS-D3'S. I want to go for a more conservative drop so I don't rub the tires on the fenders.

About the sparkplugs and belt? Will Billetflow be able to help with that also?

Good info. Thanks

The supersports will drop the car more then the race versions. Billetflow don't supply the belts, but if you scroll down on the link I gave you, it will tell you the size and where to order them from. Your plugs are fine under 500 hp. The 2.93 no-slip pulley will be perfect for what you are looking for.

And please consider the IRS brace from Billetflow.

Cheers

Friedchicken said:
The supersports will drop the car more then the race versions. Billetflow don't supply the belts, but if you scroll down on the link I gave you, it will tell you the size and where to order them from. Your plugs are fine under 500 hp. The 2.93 no-slip pulley will be perfect for what you are looking for.

And please consider the IRS brace from Billetflow.

Cheers

Sounds like a plan.
1- Hub and 1 Pulley Ring (Non-Slip S/C Pulley) $125.00
2-74.5' Belt
3-Tuner-SCT or Diablo
4-Take the car to a reputable tuner and he will recommend which tuner.
5-Tune that suma******!

No plugs necessary. Think thats about it.

Oh and I'll check out that IRS brace.

Thanks for the info Fried!