looking for porting pictures of gt40p's

footbrake

Aug 28, 2009
Ok, I can't afford good heads for a long time so I am going to fix up these gt40p's I have and replace ye old e7's. I am hoping that with the procharger that it has now the car will like the gt40p's

I was hoping to get these to flow in the 220 range with some home porting before I install them but other than diy,, I haven't found any good pictures of where and how to port these and I have found no flow numbers after they port them.

anyone have anything to help?

• Sponsors (?)

My advice is to not mess with them, people that home port heads often make them worse, not better.
One of those jobs best left to a professional.

You want a few more horse out of them, take them to a good head shop and get them a valve job and bowl cleanup. Considering they are used, it's a good idea anyway.

Do a search of my posts I put up some pics when I ported my GT40s.

It isn't rocket science and if you do your research you'll do fine.

Search TMoss threads and anything by thumper.

Good luck...

Posted via Mobile Device

go to diyPorting.com to see pics. theres a good write up of a set of e7s on there but you can follow the same steps on your gt40ps. just doing the basics bowl blend cutting down the metal around the valve guides will net great results without much worry of messing up the flow. when you go making big changes to the port shape is when you can start hurting flow. just take your time and get the right tools to make it happen and it should do fairly well for you.