Looking For Some Direction: Using 5.0 In A 59 Edsel Please Help

• Sponsors (?)

It would work. I put an E7 block in a 1979 hatch with a 4bbl Edelbrock intake. It was hot at the time. My fuel injected 1991would blow it away, but the carb got better mileage by far.

hello everyone this is my first post to this site..

I am currently working on building a "frank-en-car" the frame/body is a 59 Edsel villager (6 passenger) and I am currently installing a 5.0 out of an 88 cougar (believe it is an "F" motor) (specs look pretty bad but its what i was given to work with)

I was wondering if anyone knew the differences between the 88 cougar motor and the 86 GT motor (specs are much better) and also was wondering if anyone knew what was all involved in deleting the air pump and that nasty tube that runs across the back of the heads. we are trying to keep the fuel injection but don't want any of the extra bulky emissions crap. we are not trying to build a super rod but what something respectable and reliable.

so far: we are kinda going for a surfer wagon theme, trying to keep the patina (not sure if that's spelled right but u get the idea) I am personally hoping for 250 hp/300 ft/lbs. any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

---chassis/body:
stripped/painted
3" drop spindles front
new ball joints
3" lowering blocks and flipped the shackles (rear)
new leaf spring bushings
custom motor mounts
custom trans cross member
all new steering components
power steering conversion
4 wheel disk brake conversion
new master cylinder/ brake booster
fresh interior
almost all new glass
'59 surf board

---motor/trans
headman headers
new timing cover and gasket
new water pump
new thermostat and housing
new front sump oil pan and pickup tube (some modification required lol)
ford racing valve covers
new MSD cap and rotor
new 8.8 mm ford racing plug wires
new spark plugs (of course)

still planning on inline fuel pump (capable of 110 psi but dumbed down to 55) cold air intake, mass air flow, and Flowmaster american thunder series exhaust and new wheels and tires

hope that you guys can give me some ideas on how to get rid of the evap/egr BS and some cheap ideas to get as much power as possible
IMG_20130606_145452_490.jpg

IMG_20130614_163321_422.jpg
IMG_20130613_171803_072.jpg

IMG_20130611_124416_841.jpg
Where are you now