Looking for X Pipes...

• Sponsors (?)

Magnaflow. But they are expensive. $300 for O/R i think.

The MAC x-pipe's don't look very good. They BARELY converge into an x. Take a look at the MAC's, and then look at some magnaflow's or dr gas. They are true x-pipes. I think bassani's are real x-pipes too.

The ones from the link posted above look pretty close to the MAC's. The X junction looks shoddy. If you want the REAL sound of an x-pipe, you will need to go with Dr. Gas/Magnaflow/Bassani.

Here is a picture of magnaflow's x-pipe with cats. Look at the x-junction, and compare it to the one on MAC's. You get what you pay for IMO!
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/cat-backs/gifs/mustangx.jpg

But if you only have $200 to spend, the trubendz/MAC is your only option if you want an x-pipe.
Scott

X-Pipe

Hitman - Go to Hoston Performance - They carry the Bassani regular and O/R X-pipes. They have them for 219.00. I originally had the Bassani cat'd stainless steel on mine, but wanted more performance.

There loud, but the o/r really lets the car wind up smoother, and it's not as tight as it was with the cat'd version. The quality is excellent and you wont be sorry purchasing Bassani.

Dewman :nice:

jmuva44 said:
I'd almost consider trading my Mac O/R X pipe for your Mac O/R H pipe as long as it were in good shape. Mine's only a couple of months old and in good shape. I'd kinda just like something a little different from what i already have....not sure

Chris
[email protected]

I didn't know Mac made an O/R X... It's not on their site is it? Where did you buy it.. My H is in pretty good shape.. the H part looks like it has surface rust on it but it's where my tranny spilled oil all over it and burnt on it.. There are no leaks..
But either way let me know where you bought this Mac X and how much you paid. Thanks!
And if you want to discuss the H more..
[email protected] is where you can reach me.

Thanks for the link to houston performance. They have really good prices. They almost beat ebay on magnaflow cat back.

Get the basanni x-pipe. The junction is really good.

BTW, basanni's only run 269 for the o/r x-pipe. Forget about mac!
Scott

The Hitman said:
I'm sure Bassani is great.. but for right now I'm just wanting to know where to buy each..
So if anyone knows where I can look on here for a Mac X pipe let me know.. I've found all the others.

its on their site for 169

but the trubenz link I posted sells them for 145... and install is better

DaveB said:
Id go Dr. Gas. More of an X than Bassani, but you have to weld it together, and it isnt stainless.

Dr. Gas pipes fit like crap. They didnt bend the tubes correctly off the headers, so you have to either get them rebent, or totally custom made to get them to get around the transmission (clutch cable dust cover more specifically). Alot of people have had this problem... trust me, stay away from dr. gas

Black Stampede said:
First off Dr. Gas is stainless.
I stand corrected :nice: . Thats good to hear though :nice: .

xsivpwr said:
Dr. Gas pipes fit like crap. They didnt bend the tubes correctly off the headers, so you have to either get them rebent, or totally custom made to get them to get around the transmission (clutch cable dust cover more specifically). Alot of people have had this problem... trust me, stay away from dr. gas

Well mine is for long tube headers. But anyway, my mechanic welded mine up, and didn't have to bend it or anything like that :shrug: .

FWIW, overall, my exhaust sounds really cool IMO. At idle, it does sound rough, kind of sputtering, unlike any mustang I've heard in person especially when its just started in the cold, but I like it a lot and wish it would do it when its warm too :D . It keeps the "roughness" until 2,500 rpm, where all it just smooths out. Above 4k rpm, it just screams, but keeps the smoothness, not raspy at. My mufflers are on the quiet side though (Dynomax Ultraflow Stainless) and I do have LTs.