Looking Form My Moms 1965

So My mother's first car was a 65 Hardtop, she bought it used but in bran new condition from a guy that was being shipped off to war. She had the car for years and sold it for I don't know what reason but she always talked about that car and how much she loved it. From then on she had a few mustangs including here final mustang a 2004 that she left to me. I was fortunate enough to find the VIN of her 65 and I was wondering what you guys think the odds are of my finding it by posting it on here? Or some known database for finding old cars? Any thought on that would be good too. I am interested in the car in any condition, however part of me hopes its not perfectly restored because I have a limited budget and probably would not be able to afford it.

Info:

She bought this car on SEPT 27 1965 from Arthur F. Johnson who was going off to the war.

VIN#5F07T621311

MODEL: 65A J2605 B3-1

Purchased: use on SEPT 27 1965

Purchased for 2 thousand dollars

Previous owner: Arthur F. Johnson

If you are Mr. Johnson I would also like to talk with you about this car.

• Sponsors (?)

run a carfax report on the car. that will tell you all the registered owners, including the current owner of the car, or if the car has been sent to the graveyard.

Unfortunately, federal laws severely limit the information that a state DMV can release.
Your best bet is to have/find a friend in law enforcement run the VIN. That's how I found my old 66.
Good luck!

Also, Carfax will not tell you anything about a car manufactured before 1981 if I remember correctly. In any event, the car must have a 17 digit VIN to work on Carfax.

I'll see if I can get my wife to check it out. I don't know how she does it, but she can dig stuff up.

A couple of years ago I got really bummed out about a truck I had that I still really miss, and I wanted it back at any cost. I sold it about 12 years ago, and she ended up finding the whole history on it since then until about a year before, when it apparently was totalled and ended up in Mexico :( .

Still don't know how she found all that.

I'll see if I can get my wife to check it out. I don't know how she does it, but she can dig stuff up.

A couple of years ago I got really bummed out about a truck I had that I still really miss, and I wanted it back at any cost. I sold it about 12 years ago, and she ended up finding the whole history on it since then until about a year before, when it apparently was totalled and ended up in Mexico :( .

Still don't know how she found all that.
secret CIA agent?