looking into buying 5.0

lancealot829

Sep 14, 2011
Belton
I currently have a 2010 v6(yes I know. lame.), and I am looking into possibly purchasing a used 2011 5.0.
My first question pertains to how much you guys think I could sell my current stang for. I have only performed exterior modifications and it is in pretty good condition with 35,000 miles on it. I will post some pics of it. The mods include Raxiom CCFL Halo lights, Black Billet grill, b\Black painted stock rims, and Black hood accent decals. Would the exterior modifications detract from the value of the car or increase them? If so by how much?
My second question is how much will a 2011 5.0 cost this summer after the 2013's go on sale. Im hoping enthusiast sell their current 5.0's for a fair price to get one of the 2013's.
Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated!
IMG_0529 edit.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

You will probably need to see KBB for the value on your car. Mods generally don't increase the value at all. Possibly if you are selling the car outright to an enthusiast. Not if you are trading in though. The value on the 11's may come down a little bit, hard to estimate though. When I went looking for mine, the used 11's I saw were really close to the same price as new ones with the current incentives. So I just went ahead and bought a new one.

hmmm, okay. Well I really feel like it would be pointless to install performance modifications on a 2010 v6 that has 210 hp. I would have to spend over 10k just to get to around 400 hp. Mine as well get a GT, ya know? Plus I'm tired of having a car with looks and no performance

hmmm, okay. Well I really feel like it would be pointless to install performance modifications on a 2010 v6 that has 210 hp. I would have to spend over 10k just to get to around 400 hp. Mine as well get a GT, ya know? Plus I'm tired of having a car with looks and no performance
I agree with you. Have you thought of upgrading to a 2012 this summer? I've seen some really good prices on a few of them recenty. What part of texas are you from?

I agree with you. Have you thought of upgrading to a 2012 this summer? I've seen some really good prices on a few of them recenty. What part of texas are you from?
Yes I have, but I just figured the 2011's would be cheaper. I know this sounds ridiculous but I was hoping to get one around 23000-25000. I have high hopes!

If I were you I would wait for a few months until the 2013 mustangs start showing up at stealerships and then buy a new discounted 2012 with all the options including HID Xenon headlights. They are optional on 2012 but standard on all 2013 models.

Im in some what of the same boat here. I have a 96GT with basic mods, I wanted to start modding my mustang more but it would probably cost me $10k to be as fast as a stock 2011-2013 gt. It seems to make more sense to pick up a new GT. I found a left over brand new 2011 GT for $31,800 but was thinking 27 0r 28k wouldn't be too unrealistic? I really want to wait till next spring to pick one up so I can save up more money for a down payment. Hard to wait though :( Also what are the differences between a 2011 GT and a Roush stage 1?

I bought my '11 GT in March for $27,700 with 14,000 miles on it. It was all stock with the appearance package that included black heated leather, and 19" wheels. It was exactly what I was looking for, and the cheapest I could find within 500 miles of where I live. I still feel lucky to have found exactly what I wanted, as I have always had to sacrifice something on other cars in my past.

I had a 2008 Mustang which I loved, but the new GT is amazing! I wouldn't put anything else into the 201o and just wait. Get the 2011+ GT, light years ahead of your current car. My old V6 was fun and play full, the new GT is a beast and is just plain exciting!