Looking to buy 2012 GT!!1

Goober89

Jul 30, 2007
Palm Bay, FL
hey guys and gals, i'm going to be shopping for a 2012 GT in the near future and was wondering what kind of things i should pay special attention too. i know the obvious things to look for, I was a car mechanic for 8 years, i'm talking about the things that are specific to the mustang itself that most of you would know being owners of them. i used to have an 89 LX but had to sell it when my wife was pregnant with our fisrt child. But anyways, any kind of help is much appreciated from you all, thanks peeps.

• Sponsors (?)

Personally, I'd wait a little longer until the 2014s roll out and pick up a used 2013 instead. I think Ford did a fantastic job with the front and rear ends and are, IMO, the best looking S-197s out there. As far as the car itself goes, I asked a similar question before my purchase and found that the car is pretty solid stock, with a few noting poor sealing on the 'verts. It's only when you venture into the aftermarket that you'd have to start looking out for things. Outside of the usual used-car checklist, you're pretty good on a 12-13.