Looking to buy an 08 as a daily driver. Good or bad idea?

• Sponsors (?)

I love my mustang to death, but i don't daily drive it. I have my little focus for my 75 mile round trip commute. If I had to drive the stang everyday I wouldn't complain. It's a blast to drive, mileage isn't as great as my 4cyl. who cares though? the only thing i'd be worried about was finding appropriate parking everyday. i worry about my car when its alone at a busy parking lot.

You must drive a forester or something, cause my friends WRX hauls ass. It is a fun car to drive, just a bit cheap inside. Want to get the fiance a legacy gt eventually.

i drive my camaro and i will be driving my stang year round. i don't even think about it. just give yourself time and drive slow when the roads are bad. plus the days that its really bad out are outnumbered by the good days.

I drive an Impreza. The wrx is Killer on insurance costs. My only concern about the mustang is winter driving. How well is the traction control?

What ever you do, do not use Traction control in the snow, you will go nowhere. My stang is a daily driver. I have put about 30,000 miles on it in the 2 years I have had it and I live in CT. Its not fun driving in the snow but it can be done.

i drive mine everyday...owned it since march got 16k on the dial! who's counting right. even if i had a second car i'll drive the stang everyday!

is it the value of the car your worried about or gas prices?

i drive mine everyday...owned it since march got 16k on the dial! who's counting right. even if i had a second car i'll drive the stang everyday!

is it the value of the car your worried about or gas prices?

I take care of my vehicles, but I'm wondering how everybody feels about the build quality. My wifes Hondas have been bulletproof, however I can't say that about the GM vehicles I've owned. Do most of you feel you can put 100k miles on your cars without doing anything but basic fluid changes, brakes, and tune ups?

I drive mine everyday and love it....haven't even made my 3rd payment yet and already have 9700 miles on it, but that's what I got it for was to drive....but then again I live in florida so I can't help with the snow situation.

I use mine as a daily driver here in Edmonton and i find it good in the snow on the Pirelli p-zero nero's. I keep the traction control on all the time. If you do get stuck you will have to shut it off briefly but turn it back on it will help if you start to spin around a corner or if you try to take off to fast. Rev the piss out of her and you will not go anywhere, the traction control will take over. Take it easy and you will have no problem. 2 winters down and going into my third...It's supposed to snow next week.

this is how i feel....cars now with the technology available to build these cars i'm not talking just domestic i'm talking "cars" in general. these cars are man made, eventually, something will give, it could be the minute you drive off the lot or 100k miles down the road...they build these cars to be much more stronger and efficient now, it goes with the technology that's available. my only complaint i have about my car is the dumb thumping noise i get from the front passenger side(suspension) i believe ford fix that problem now w/ 08's. i think you wouldn't have a problem driving the thing everyday! its like anything, you abuse it then of course eventually you'll be changing more than fluids.

get a stang enjoy it and have fun with it...you won't regret it!

I just hit 30K on mine a few days ago(new 8/29/06)and have driven it through 3 or 4 decent VA snows. My '98 Jetta has sat unstarted since November, so I know what you mean about a boring ride:rlaugh: I commute 62 miles round trip to work and on average 3 days a week drive to Maryland which is a 140 mile roundtrip from home or 60 mile round trip from Maryland. I love this car:nice:
I've only had one issue with my car. Within the first month the check engine light came on. Had the dealer check it and found it was a bent rocker arm:shrug: They ended up replacing all of them just in case there were possible others bent. No probems since...other than money for mods:D

Mine is my daily driver.

I commute 190 miles a day from VT to MA.

I also do 1-2 Mustang Cruises each month during summer months (300-500 miles each).

This car is the most fun to drive of all my vehicles.

Of course, in REALLY bad weather, I just call in sick.

SOHC

Now the question is 6 or 8 cylinder. Can anyone tell me if a car seat can fit in the back seat?

Car seat for my 5 year old son in the back of my V8:D Just have to slide the pasenger seat up almost halfway, but is very do-able. It's ok to have an adult passenger as long as they're not super tall.
DSC03866.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03866.jpg
    DSC03866.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 92