Looking to Change Coil Springs Need Advice

wilbur

Mar 26, 2004
New Jersey
I need an education in coil springs. I sure you guys have discussed this many time and I did some searching but really not sure.

I'm tired of the ride in my 94 GT. I have the Ford Racing B springs in the car for the last 8 years or so. I like the look and don't want to go any lower than the current setup but would like a less harsher ride. The car is a daily driver, so lower not really good.

What are my options?

I read about using Mach 1 springs but not sure exactly the results in ride or height.

Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I just put a set of BBK progressive rate springs in a Mustang. I got them used for $100. I was surprised at how well the ride was afterwards. I think they are about $230 new.

Kurt

Ford B springs are a progressive rate spring, these are the least harsh spring from Ford Racing. My ride quality is very good with these springs, are you sure you have the Bs?? Have you changed your struts and shocks, I would try that first if you have not and see how you like it. Tokico blues are good, I installed these a couple months ago. You might also need to replace the bump stop over your rear axle with a shorter one, this has help me a lot.

Ford B springs are a progressive rate spring, these are the least harsh spring from ford. My ride quality is very good with these springs, are you sure you have the Bs?? Have you changed your struts and shocks, I would try that first if you have not and see how you like it. Tokico blues are good, I installed these a couple months ago. You might also need to replace the bump stop over your rear axle with a shorter one, this has help me a lot.

I'm sure I got "B" springs. I bought them and installed them myself. I have not changed the struts in a long time. It could be time for sure. I will check into the Tokico blue.

Where can I get the shorter bump stop for the rear axle? It does bottom on the bump stop only when someone is in the back seat or I have stuff in the trunk.

If you don't have any wheel hop, just leave them be.

You can get new dampers online or from your local parts stores if you need them.