Looking to Customize

TomzGT

Sep 26, 2020
Delray Beach, FL
IMG_4065.JPG
IMG_4094.JPG

Just bought this 2006 GT and looking for ways to customize it, make it "mine".....any suggestions? Racing stripes, etc? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Grill.jpg
Rear.jpg

Here's the front and rear. I'm not looking to get crazy with it but would like it to look like something different on the road. I'd love to find side air vents, even if they're fake. Maybe a hood vent as well but then I'd have to get it painted, etc.

cbxer55 is the guy with a car like yours. If you look up his posts he has done quite a few add ons that he has pictured on here. Its called/ What have you done to your car lately. Look up chin spoiler

Yah. Mine is a V-6 Pony Package that people ask me every time I drive it if it's a Shelby. LMAO! Lots of parts from Cervinnis, really nice stuff. Front spoiler, side scoops, Boss 429 hood scoop, hood locks. Other parts from American Muscle and CARiD. Here's a few pics. First pic is what it looked like when I first bought it. Came with the Roush rear spoiler and small hood scoop and 20 inch rims. Also came with the GT rear bumper and dual exhaust.

One of the best mods is replacing the truck mirrors with actual sport car mirrors. They came from American Muscle already painted to match. Easy to install. Then my favorite is the rear diffuser, down low in between the exhaust pipes. Came from CARiD but is made by APR Performance. Easy install, six bolts and nuts.

All lighting came from CARiD but is Spec D stuff. Smoked out rear LED tail lights and third brake light, smoked out front corner lights. The filler panel in between the lights is from American Muscle, they have several different styles, including ones that keep the stupid fake gas filler cap. I wanted mine gone because it was very aged and ugly looking.

I check in here frequently, any questions about something, ask away. I did all this myself, no help from anyone. Soon going to be installing carbon fiber hood vents in the hood. I just did my old Ranger the other day to see if I could do it. Turned out bitching. A friend did my Lightning in 2019, same vents I am putting on my Stang.

Link to hood vents. Carbon Fiber Hood Vents

So to summarize. Three companies. American Muscle, CARiD and Cervinnis. There is also CJ's Pony Parts, but I haven't bought anything from there as of yet. I am intending on replacing the grill with one just like yours. Already have the link in my favorites list.

The hood locks, hood scoop, rear view mirrors and panel between the tail lights are all designed to resemble parts that were on older classic Mustangs in the late 60's early 70's. Same could be said of the rear window louvers, but you can't use them on a convertible. LOL!

Attachments

• 01010001.JPG
    01010001.JPG
    523.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 01010033.JPG
    01010033.JPG
    646.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 01010034.JPG
    01010034.JPG
    581.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 01010039.JPG
    01010039.JPG
    599.5 KB · Views: 87
  • BAB051A6-175E-4B0B-B791-F46115CBBFD0.jpg
    BAB051A6-175E-4B0B-B791-F46115CBBFD0.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 01010041.JPG
    01010041.JPG
    600.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
cbxer55 is the guy with a car like yours. If you look up his posts he has done quite a few add ons that he has pictured on here. Its called/ What have you done to your car lately. Look up chin spoiler

The thread is What's Your Favorite Appearance Mod.

Your car looks good cb you should have made a build thread for your car. Although you probably did not think you were going to go nuts and buy the store. It would have been nice to see a little more on that nice hood of yours.

Reactions: 1 user
Your car looks good cb you should have made a build thread for your car. Although you probably did not think you were going to go nuts and buy the store. It would have been nice to see a little more on that nice hood of yours.

I have all the pics saved in a file in the order of the mods performed. In any event, in the thread I linked, they are all there is the same order. When I get to cutting holes in the Mustangs hood for the heat vents, I'll take some pics of the work in progress. Took me over five hours to cut the holes in the Ranger's hood, but it's steel. The Mustang in aluminum, so should go quicker.

The nice hood you are asking about is the White Lightning hood? I have many more pictures of that, and a link to the thread that the maker of the hood did while in process. It's at LightningRodder.com. https://www.lightningrodder.com/threads/custom-hood-by-ken.391500/

Yeah, I intended to buy out the store when I bought the Stang. Never thought I'd have one due to there being so damn many of them. So, if I'm going to have one, it's going to be the Stang I always wanted, V6 or not. I'm still not done with it. As said, hood vents are next, followed by lower body additions that more resemble newer Stangs. Also planning on getting fender vents for behind the front wheels. Will be getting functional parts that will require me to cut out a large portion of the fender behind the wheels. All stuff I can do easily. American Muscle has multiple fender vents for behind the front fenders. Actually was a Mustang in town the other day with them on it, loved the look.

Last edited:
I saw a light blue Mustang running around town yesterday, tried to stop him. On the front of his hood was a very low profile black (plastic?) strip about three inches wide that curved around the vertical portion of the front of the hood. It was form fitted, not sticking up like the usual hood protectors do. But I can't find it on the internet anywhere. All I can find are the hood bras and the bug deflectors. Really would like to find one like his car had.

I have a hood bra and like it, but it doesn't work with the hood locks.

Vinyl is nice, my car is redfire pearl and I was gonna get some gold stripes but my wife doesn't like the red at all so she offered to help pay for a complete wrap. I'm quite thrilled with it and there isn't another one like it in my area. It kind of reminds me of the mystichrome cobras they used to build. I also added a CDC shaker hood scoop. Kind of scary cutting a hole this big in my hood but the directions were well written and it came out great. I planned to get new wheels but my wife was recently diagnosed with lymphoma so I have been trying to cut my car spending to help pay some of the bills. The wrap shop guys hooked me up a put some extra vinyl on my stock wheels for now.

Attachments

• stang1.jpg
    stang1.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 73
  • stang2.jpg
    stang2.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 77
  • stang3.jpg
    stang3.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 77
  • stang4.jpg
    stang4.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: 2 users
Vinyl is nice, my car is redfire pearl and I was gonna get some gold stripes but my wife doesn't like the red at all so she offered to help pay for a complete wrap. I'm quite thrilled with it and there isn't another one like it in my area. It kind of reminds me of the mystichrome cobras they used to build. I also added a CDC shaker hood scoop. Kind of scary cutting a hole this big in my hood but the directions were well written and it came out great. I planned to get new wheels but my wife was recently diagnosed with lymphoma so I have been trying to cut my car spending to help pay some of the bills. The wrap shop guys hooked me up a put some extra vinyl on my stock wheels for now.
Man, that looks incredible! My buddy is looking at the vinyl wrapping idea for the incoming Mustang project we'll work on right after we finished installing the suspension kit and vision truck wheels on the Ford Ranger project. Gonna show him this set up of yours.