Looky what I got!

i4power

Founding Member
Jan 11, 2002
Eglin AFB, Florida
Thanks to the miracle of tax refunds, I got the following items (sorry about the crappy pics):

picture007.jpg

8000rpm mini-tach (my stock tach is broken, and this one looks nicer)

picture008.jpg

TurboXS Type H blow-off valve

picture009.jpg

TurboXS High-performance boost controller

picture010.jpg

30psi boost gauge

picture011.jpg

100psi fuel pressure gauge

picture012.jpg

Gauge-cage with bypass vents

I've still got a ton of money left over, and once I get the exhaust made, the engine is going in!!! I'm on the cusp of turbocharged bliss!

• Sponsors (?)

That BOV will probably cause you problems...

You could have got the same thing (or better) by picking up a Gillis valve. I think the one you have is a "bleeded" not a ball and spring valve. You'd have to take it apart to check for sure.

Stinger

Well, ones that aren't dual piston aren't designed to run on mass air or vam systems...they hold open under idle conditions and create a 1" vacuum leak. Some of them will work if the spring is adjusted down tight enough.

Bleeded makes for slow spooling (like the stock BCS), ball and spring is as fast as possible.

Here are the links at the TurboXS website:

http://www.turboxs.com./High Performance Boost Controller.htm

http://www.turboxs.com./type-h_blow_off_valve.htm

I talked to a buddy with a turbo talon about the valve, and he said it'll cause it to run rich at idle and between shifts, which doesn't bother me too much, since i'm planning on getting an eec tuner in the future (of course i'll need to upgrade to an LA3). Hopefully that can fix it. I've also got an adjustible FPR, so i can play with that a bit to get it to where the best compromise is. At any rate, it's really loud and looks great!

Thanks for the help, Stinger.

Red_LX said:
Jesus, that musta been one hell of a tax refund, I only got back $80.

Aw damn, that sucks. I got back $1400. I got a big $4000 bonus for joining the AF, and some of that contributed.

Oh, and I didn't pay as much as TurboXS advertised. $145 for the BOV, and $115 for the boost controller.