Loose oil presure

It's a 200 inline 6. Also TOS. I did nothing but drop the pan and clean. Yes I did change the valve cover as well. As far as the internals go I changer nor touch anything. Never had a issue once we owned the car. Only thing I did different was spend a :poo: load of money on royal purple hps there best oil and there best royal filter which is now in a jug waiting to be taken to the recycle station. Richard you make a valid point as well regarding the pressure relief valve. Springs to wear out right. I know that it's a long shot by just replacing the oil and filter but it hasn't done it again. But for giggles I will be taking the VC off this weekend and will watch the oil drain back. After all it's all about learning right. Hope to not have to drop the OP but it is what it is. If that does happen I will be replacing the oil pump for the 80 bucks it costs and the ease of the R&R. I can't thank you all enough. Now if I could just find some of this mystery oil Richard is talking about. I still remember the look on the guys face at Napa when I asked if they carry elephant snot gasket glue. Too funny

• Sponsors (?)

It's a 200 inline 6. Also TOS. I did nothing but drop the pan and clean. Yes I did change the valve cover as well. As far as the internals go I changer nor touch anything. Never had a issue once we owned the car. Only thing I did different was spend a :poo: load of money on royal purple hps there best oil and there best royal filter which is now in a jug waiting to be taken to the recycle station. Richard you make a valid point as well regarding the pressure relief valve. Springs to wear out right. I know that it's a long shot by just replacing the oil and filter but it hasn't done it again. But for giggles I will be taking the VC off this weekend and will watch the oil drain back. After all it's all about learning right. Hope to not have to drop the OP but it is what it is. If that does happen I will be replacing the oil pump for the 80 bucks it costs and the ease of the R&R. I can't thank you all enough. Now if I could just find some of this mystery oil Richard is talking about. I still remember the look on the guys face at Napa when I asked if they carry elephant snot gasket glue. Too funny

try oreillys auto parts, the last time i got some it was from there. or you can order it from summit racing;

https://www.summitracing.com/search...SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=marvel mysery oil

• Clever
Reactions: 1 user
Made a call on your behalf and was told the inline six, 200 ci engine was a great motor. Very popular in it's day for drag racing because of its nearly indestructible bottom end due to seven main bearings. First questions were did you try another sensor, try another filter, pressure test the block, etc.? All standard questions I had no answer for. Without repeating what has already been said here he did say this; As good as the motor is the 7 main bearings comes with the problem of a sensitivity to engine balance. Because of the tight tolerances the engine was internally balanced so it's essential to use the proper weight oil. If the oil is too thin or too heavy the required oil film preventing metal to metal contact is impeded. The bearings have ratings of "h" which is the radial clearance as a function of angular position and "(h(min))" which is the minimum oil clearance required for proper lubrication. If the oil is out of spec, intake and block pressures can create havoc on an already struggling oil flow.

Any chance this insight applies in any way to your engine?

I guess anything is possible. The royal purple was 10w40. Switched back to 10w30. The sensor location is on the driver side of the block close to the bell housing roughly center of the block. Factory location. Swapped out for a mechanical gauge and using a stainless line so I trust it.