losing the slammed look, without gained the 4x4

Finn03

Feb 23, 2003
Sandusky, Ohio
alrite when i bought my car it was lowered a good 2" if not more. its a 94 GT, and is dam near tucked. Well he did a half as sed job, and from the looks of it all he changed were the springs, also with the lack of c/c plates the camber is off quite abit. well anyways onto the question, at the end of this co-op term im going to be replacing the whole suspension, at the very least new springs shocks struts, and c/c plates, just looking for input on what would provide a good comprimise in decent stance while maintaning a smooth ride, right now its like riding on a solid suspension, you could feel driving over a post-it note. so if any of you can post some opinions, or pictures it would help. thanx

• Sponsors (?)

I have nothing productive to add to your post, sorry :nonono: , i just wanted to compliment you on your Avatar.

-Drew

Edit: 4X4 :banana:
383215_46_full.jpg

Go for the 4x4 look. I think its sexy :nice:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: Thats YOUR 4x4? You got nothing on mine

With my 4 wheel drive, I can rip off 1.4 60" times and switch it into 2 wheel drive later on down the track. :D

4x4stang.jpg

thanx, i still love the irish, even after this season, hopefully ty can pull his sht together and get them winnin again next fall, dont know how smart it was but i already have almost 100 bux goin with about 6 people that brady quinn will tak the hiesman by the time he graduates, other than that, thats a perfect example of the hideousness of the 4x4 look, also ill probly take it to some amatuer autocross events just to shut some people up at school, its an all engineering school so everyone thinks their car is the most baddas s thing around, its sad seein people in saturns and berettas thinkin theyre theyre hot sh|t

I have the FMS B-series springs and I love them. They are a progressive spring with the fronts being 425/535 and the rears being 200/300. They ride darn near like the stock springs UNTIL you throw it into a corner. The only time the car feels stiffer is when I hit a very aggressive bump. These springs lower the car just like the C-series springs, which is about 1 1/8" up front and 7/8" in the rear. It lowered mine at least that b/c I have about a two inch gap between my tires and the lip of the fender. The car is far from slammed, but it looks much better and rides very nicely.

S/CBlack95GT said:
I have the FMS B-series springs and I love them. They are a progressive spring with the fronts being 425/535 and the rears being 200/300.

Why did you choose the B's over the C's? I know the C's are a little stiffer upfront. Just curious.

Jake

I have steeda sport springs and I think they are just the right balance for me. However I will sump them for coil overs eventually. And if you plan on autocrossing may I suggest some adjustable shocks and struts like tokico's or konis.... :D

GTJake said:
Why did you choose the B's over the C's? I know the C's are a little stiffer upfront.Jake

The stiffness is the answer. The C are a nonprogressive 650lb rate only. The Bs are only 425lbs under normal cruising conditions, which is only 25lbs more than stock. This way my car doesn't ride any rougher while cruising, but yet it will still look better and handle MUCH better once I throw it into a corner and compress the springs to their 535lbs rate.

Cheer, Cheer for Old Notre Dame
Wake up the echoes, cheering her name
Send a volley cheer on high
Shake down the thunder, from the sky
What though the odds be great or small
Old Notre Dame will win over all
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to Victory!

GOOOOOOO IRISH! man i love Notre Dame Football
sorry had to do it.....but seriously give maximum motorsports a call or email....they can hook you up with WHATEVER you want suspension wise

Anthony