Lost my Stang, learned a lesson

66stangbluework

May 5, 2005
I was foolish enough to drink and drive, now my stang is totaled and I will be driving a toyota tercel that i bought for 700$. It doesnt pay to drink and drive. Im just lucky i killed no one. Its not worth it. You think you are invincible and now i face a dui at 20 years old. If there is any advice i can give you is to never do it. I was chasing after a girl and had to sit in handcuffs while thinking about how i didnt get any.

View attachment 389835

• Sponsors (?)

sorry you had to learn your lesson the hard way. if i were you id get your flamesuit on.... i know people say they never will drink and drive but i think its one of those things that you do once and have a close call, then they really dont do it anymore. im sorry you had to loose your car to learn it though.

i wish you the best of luck in the future

Yikes. Poor car. At least you aren't trying to get out of it like alot of people do. Too bad you had to learn the hard way tho. At least it was only the car that was killed and not an innocent person. Good luck to ya. :(

how is that totaled?

It's "totalled" by insurance company standards, not car guy standards. 15+ year old Mustangs have low book values, a lot of times under a few thousand dollars (despite what you've done under the hood or what wheels you have on the car, etc.) and that car doesn't look like it was Kelly Blue Book mint to begin with.

If the cost to repair (by a shop, parts & labor) is greater than a certain high percentage of the total vehicle "value", as estimated by the insurance company, than the vehicle is considered a "total loss" and not worth the cost to repair.

It is sad it takes things like this to happen for people to realize that it is a bad idea. That being said we all make mistakes. I'm glad no one was injured at all. Looks like a new light and a fender probably a wheel alignment and you will be back on the road. sober of course

well, it is very hard to turn the wheel which leads me to believe the rack skipped some teeth? We measured from wheel to wheel and there is a 2 inch difference on the right side compared to the left. The whole front is twisted so im wondering if I should just sell it or not.

Like you said, at least you didn't kill anybody.

A few years back, the 19-year old son of a member of our car club was street racing in his 95 Cobra. He killed a lady that was on her way home from work to fix dinner for her two kids, as well as his friend in the passenger's seat. The young man has 9 more years to serve in the State Correctional Facility before he will ever see freedom. The Washington State Patrol now uses his car and her Aerostar as display pieces at schools and fairs.

well, it is very hard to turn the wheel which leads me to believe the rack skipped some teeth? We measured from wheel to wheel and there is a 2 inch difference on the right side compared to the left. The whole front is twisted so im wondering if I should just sell it or not.

Dude, that car is easily fixable. I hate when people throw away perfectly repairable foxes... Plus you owe it to the car for being a retard and driving drunk. I have no sympathy for you, only the car.

I caught some black ice not too long ago and cracked up the front of my daily driver similarly to that. Not as bad as it only had cosmetic damage, but it does suck (if your not drunk and get the feeling you CANT turn). Swallow your pride and see exactly what is wrong with it. Try and fix it, and if I were you I would not touch a drop of alcohol and drive. Not even a single beer/shot/drink ever again.

As long as you follow exactly what the courts order you to do from the get go you will get through it. In my profession I see it all the time. Do not let this get you down and spiral into a damn pit. Keep your head up, your pride(which is difficult) and follow to the letter what is ordered. Mistakes happen and you have acknowledged that just do what it takes to clear it up and take to verbal bashing(from us especially) that comes with it for a while.
Fix the car man you wil regret every second if you let it go!

Sucks man, I used to do it all the time when I was younger 18-20 and it's hard to resist the temptation. Now that I've gotten older and been in the military for a while you find a lot of things just aren't worth the risk. Thank god you didn't kill anyone, your life would be suckin right now!

Honestly... Your a jack ass for driving drunk.. Someone could be dead because of you and luckily they are not. I hope you get the harshest punishment you can get. You dont even deserve to own a car let alone have a license to drive..

ouch that sucks man... I can't flame as I've done the bad thing too (without any accidents or anything). I learnt my lesson when I was followed by a cop for about 20 minutes... almost crapped in my pants and from then on, I always leave my car at home when I go out drinking so there's ZERO chance to drive drunk.