Lost paint in a carwash!!

cooter_11

Apr 22, 2005
GA
So I was gettin a carwash at one of the touchless powerwash kind that you see at gas stations, and I drove it home. I just glanced at my passenger side door, and it actually took a strip of paint off of it about the size of 3 quarters laid side by side.

Is there anything I can do about this to get reimbursed? My car is a 96 with original paint, and up to today I thought the paint was in decent shape, lol. I kept the reciept and everything. The best thing I could think of is to go talk to the manager about it, but since they were so busy I thought I'd wait until it cleared up a little bit. I doubt there's anything I can do, but any input is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

As far as I know by purchasing to enter one of those washes, they have disclaimers to cover practically every angle.

I know on the ones around here they have about a 20 point disclaimer board posted somewhere near the wash that describes most of the instances, such as damage occured ect. ect.

Yeah, I mean, honestly it's unlucky. I've got a friend that does it every friday before we ride.. and he's never had any issues. Those things clean pretty well too.

Sorry to hear about your luck.

We always joked of how kids could go to these things that are open late a night and just strap some shards of metel to the washer brushes and have his car totally ruined.