Loud Exhaust

m4RK

Sep 14, 2003
Detroit, Michigan
I own a 2002 V6 Mustang - a kid at my school just got a brand new blue Mach 1. He was showing off today by reving up (damn that car is loud) he also pulled out and smoked his tires a little. I was wondering how i could get my stang to be as loud if not louder than his mach. it would be nice to pull next to him and have a car that sounds nicer :)
I already have 2 flowmaster mufflers on, i do not have a real dual exhaust because i don't have the h-pipe, how exactly do i go about makin my stang sound really nice and LOUD?

Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

R3VO3VOM said:
It's not gonna happen unless you get an 8 cylinder....4's 6's and 8's 10's and so on all have their own distinctive sound.....You can make your car loud but I garuntee you it won't sound like the rumble of his mach 1......

Yea, I know I could never get the low deep rumble that the mach gets. But I would like to get my car to be louder than the mach.

If i get a Mac Off Road H-pipe with my two flowmaster would that do the job? If not what would?

m4RK said:
I own a 2002 V6 Mustang - a kid at my school just got a brand new blue Mach 1. He was showing off today by reving up (damn that car is loud) he also pulled out and smoked his tires a little.

Just give the prick a couple weeks before he puts it in a ditch.

I usually agree that it's alright for parents to buy their kids cars, but some people just take it too far. :nonono: And a Mach for a teen is NOT a good idea. This coming from a 19yr-old.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Just give the prick a couple weeks before he puts it in a ditch.

I usually agree that it's alright for parents to buy their kids cars, but some people just take it too far. :nonono: And a Mach for a teen is NOT a good idea. This coming from a 19yr-old.[/QUOTE]

theres a senior at my school that drives a camaro Z28... so fast and so little driving experience...

m4RK said:
Of coarse I'd rather be faster than a Mach DUUHH, but i dont have no moneys for the opportoonitie

Well I would save the money you was going to use to make yours louder and add to it to go faster. I would think you could save 300-500 bux and buy a bottle.

Now if you really want to show him up get a summer job ( yes that may mean two jobs) work your butt off and rebuild your motor and buy a S/C.

AP1995V6 said:
A girl I graduated with got a Trans Am in 10th grade and there's a 10th grader now that has an '03 cobra. Crazy.

A girl in my class had a Z3, and a lot of people got fully loaded SUV's and I got my 2001 for graduation. But the girl with the Z3 was the really responsible type, and I went to a private school, so that kind of stuff is kind of expected.

It just bothers me when I see kids with expensive cars attending public schools. It just kind of shows that their parents really don't have their priorities straight.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]A girl in my class had a Z3, and a lot of people got fully loaded SUV's and I got my 2001 for graduation. But the girl with the Z3 was the really responsible type, and I went to a private school, so that kind of stuff is kind of expected.

It just bothers me when I see kids with expensive cars attending public schools. It just kind of shows that their parents really don't have their priorities straight.[/QUOTE]

You know it's funny but where I live our public school system gets better test scores, better teachers, and yes better athletes than the private schools. Gosh I love southern Cali.

Same here. I went to a little middle-of-no-where 1A school and we out scored all other schools in most of the state wide tests. IMO, private schools are just for rich parents that are too stuck up to put their kids in school with 'normal' kids. Private schools don't score too high in my opinion book ;) Especially the people that think they're better than everyone else just because they went to a private school... big f-uckin deal. We all get the same opportunities to go to the same universities. It just matters how much effort you show to do good on the SAT/ACT, but atleast you can buy grades in alot of the private schools. :notnice:

Well since I own a GT I don't know much about the 6's but I would suggest going to mustangexhaust.com they really have a good website lots of clips to listen too for even the v6 stang, just listen to some of the clips and talk to the guys there......

AP1995V6 said:
It just matters how much effort you show to do good on the SAT/ACT, but atleast you can buy grades in alot of the private schools. :notnice:

Hmm.
When I started college, one of the big issues for freshmen was whether or not the SAT's/ACT's should be considered for admissions. The funny thing is most of the people that claimed to get good grades in HS, but scored poorly on the standardized tests attended, you guessed it, public schools.

I had friends in public schools, and you can't tell me private school kids "buy grades." Public schools were A LOT more laid back on their course requirements compared to the school I attended.
Now the IB program, on the other hand, that's a TOTALLY different story.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Hmm.
When I started college, one of the big issues for freshmen was whether or not the SAT's/ACT's should be considered for admissions. The funny thing is most of the people that claimed to get good grades in HS, but scored poorly on the standardized tests attended, you guessed it, public schools.

I had friends in public schools, and you can't tell me private school kids "buy grades." Public schools were A LOT more laid back on their course requirements compared to the school I attended.
Now the IB program, on the other hand, that's a TOTALLY different story.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with t hat my school is very strict on course requirements. And I still stand behind my we have better athletes statement.

cuban3jumper said:
I don't agree with t hat my school is very strict on course requirements. And I still stand behind my we have better athletes statement.

How are you gonna make a statement like, "gosh I love So. Cali." then act like the rest of the country should be the same way? You obviously know it's a unique situation, or else you wouldn't have made that statement.

And the whole athlete thing is just stupid, IMO. I'm not gonna send my kid to a school just because their football team wins a lot of games. Do you really think a school like that is putting most of it's money into academics?:rolleyes:
It's also a lot easier to fill a roster with good athletes when you have six times as many people as a private school. My Senior class had 51 people. The avg. public school here has like 350. Hmm...I wonder who could put together a better team.

Holy **** 03 Cobra, Z28, Z3 Mach 1 and still in grade school what the **** are there parents thinking....people wonder why all these teen car crashes happen because every kid now days have a car with no less than 300 horsepower

My high school is full of fast cars that parents bought for their kids. We have at least 10 LS1 Z28's, 2 LS1 Trans Am's (1 w/ nitrous), 1 LS1 Formula pushing about 500 hp, 5 4.6 GT's, 4-5 SN95's, 90' 5.0 w/ a 331 stroker and spray making over 500 hp. I have had my 69 Stang since I was 15 and in the process of putting in an EFI 5.0 w/ a single h2d turbo. Most of us are friends, and I don't think we are spoiled to say the least. We make good grades, we are responsible, none of us have wrecked our cars. I don't see what the big deal is, you can't just assume that the kids that are being given these cars are irresponsible pricks.