Loud Rapid Thud

Ok, thats not it. Little bit of play no problem. I got a ton of play in my diff. I do get a clunk backing out of my driveway. Havent pinpointed it. My car makes unsatisfactory noises, very bad noises. If it aint broke, i aint worred about it. If it's broke, i aint worried about it neither. Lol. God forbid i hit a pothole, its like i just jumped it 30ft.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok, thats not it. Little bit of play no problem. I got a ton of play in my diff. I do get a clunk backing out of my driveway. Havent pinpointed it. My car makes unsatisfactory noises, very bad noises. If it aint broke, i aint worred about it. If it's broke, i aint worried about it neither. Lol. God forbid i hit a pothole, its like i just jumped it 30ft.
The pothole is the mustangs natural predator.
I’ll try to get a better video.

Its either your differential or gears are loose or the trans tailshaft (forgot proper name i think) transmission shaft that driveshaft slides over. IF it only happens while accelerating. Has to be one of those.

Well, running with no tires and rotors I got the same vibration. It kinda sounded like it was coming from the gears but also from the rear u-joint. I’m gonna start with the joints before I get the diff rebuilt. Also, the pass side axle moved in and out when accelerating. Not too much but, just enough to notice when you look real close. Is that normal?

Take the driveshaft and have u joints checked and the shaft balanced. It's not expensive.
There is a very small amount of in/out movement to the axle but you should not be able to see it.
I had the DS balanced a couple years ago then the car sat for a year. I took it to another shop a month ago said that it looked fine. I guess the play Im seeing comes from the tip of the axle. I’m seeing it move probably because I have my face under the fender well while the car is at 4K rpm. I also checked fluid level in the diff and it started seeping out so I guess it’s ok.