Low cars and mud don't mix!

Timm10221

Aug 29, 2006
I have a short story for you all. I just installed my new Steeda short throw and wanted to test it out, so I went to my friends house to see what he is doing. He lives in a trailer park and the 1st speed bump is really big. I have a 2000 Gt with the cobra R front bumper and it is lowered around 1.5" I think; you can just put your foot under it maybe 3 inches off the ground at the most. So I never hit the speed bump I go around it on the grass "like always". Well I forgot about the rain last night and did as I aways do. since I had speed not much of a problem, so now it is time for me to leave, so I go through the grass again,but this time my car just stuck! So I am like oh crap what now, I try for a bit to rock it out myself and no luck, all I did was sink it to the frame,.... and rear end and mufflers and so on. I go back to my friends house and we try and try to move it with just the 2 of us, no luck, so we went to the guys next door and they came out to help a broke down Marine after laughin a bit hahaha. so now we are trying bricks 2X4's everything, no one inch, so finally my other buddy came home and the 3 guys and my 2 friends were now on the back pushin and rockin away while I am playing with the gas. Then all of a sudden for some odd reason she broke free and I mashed the gas like I would at Mud fest and creeped outa there. And on top of all this it was dark and raining and cold "Of course" My hap goes off to the gents that helped me and I am going back over there with a crap load of beer and we're gunna party a bit.
So the car being bottomed out like that for maybe and hour and a 1/2, do you guys think anything got damaged? It drove home find just what do you guys think. And one more thing, those of you with after market shifters, do you guys experence a little bit of noise from it and it being kinda notchy. I sure do love the short throw they give you, so I can live with the extra noise, I just want to know if that is normal. God... what a night:cheers:
Tim
PS I am typing this fast please forgive me on spelling and all that.

• Sponsors (?)

No idea on damage... but as for the shifter... the only noise I seem to get I believe is due to the Steeda shift knob, because I had that noise before I swapped out the shifter itself. It is "notchy" - kinda pops into gear now as opposed to the sloppy "slide in" I used to get with the stocker, but I like the way the MGW feels - even though it didn't add any "go" to the car, I think it is still the best mod I have done.

No idea on damage... but as for the shifter... the only noise I seem to get I believe is due to the Steeda shift handle, because I had that noise before I swapped out the shifter itself. It is "notchy" - kinda pops into gear now as opposed to the sloppy "slide in" I used to get with the stocker, but I like the way the MGW feels - even though it didn't add any "go" to the car, I think it is still the best mod I have done.

By far the best mod for me too, It is like driving a new tranny. Much more enjoyable to drive....

I wish I had pics man... sorry for that...

oh :lol: lol, sorry for being so dense hahaha, I am going to jack her up this weekend and horse her off under there. Needless to say I will not drive the white mustang to that area anymore, I will take my 5.0 with monster truck suspension, lol. Later
Tim

Sounds like a "Fun" Night! I got stuck in Pee Gravel once...(Dont ask...) I had to call my brother to help me pull her out! The only damage I had was to my pride!

Thats funny.... I agree with the pride damage, Before I joined the Corps, I used to be a huge truck guy with jacked up trucks and went to mud fest often, now all my buddies see me in my mustangs and what goes and happens.. I get stuck in mud. I guess it all caught up with me for picking on vehicles that cant go through alil dirt.

Well one conclusion I can draw is, Ford and chevy do have one thing in common "The Ford Mustang gets stuck in mud as well as chevy 4X4's" HaHa... Just a lil joke No harm ment! I can say that cause I used to romp in a chevy mud truck.
Tim

Thats funny.... I agree with the pride damage, Before I joined the Corps, I used to be a huge truck guy with jacked up trucks and went to mud fest often, now all my buddies see me in my mustangs and what goes and happens.. I get stuck in mud. I guess it all caught up with me for picking on vehicles that cant go through alil dirt.

Well one conclusion I can draw is, Ford and chevy do have one thing in common "The Ford Mustang gets stuck in mud as well as chevy 4X4's" HaHa... Just a lil joke No harm ment! I can say that cause I used to romp in a chevy mud truck.
Tim

Get some 18" wheels. It'll help with your Cobra R bumper.

Here's mine after 6 months (before getting 18" wheels)
dam7.jpg

Get some 18" wheels. It'll help with your Cobra R bumper.

Here's mine after 6 months (before getting 18" wheels)
dam7.jpg

OMG! That is just painful!, I thought my chip was bad, I have the 2000 cobra R 18"
but the guy who had it before me has it dropped as well, so maybe instead of 275/35/18's i should run 275/40/18?? maybe that will help. I love the cobra R bumper it is bad but you have to drive so careful, my 5.0 still has stock suspension and i can rump almost anywhere hahaha, another killer is dump trucks! but thats another story I will type up one day haha,
Tim

hey merc123, where did you get your fogs at I got universals and they stick out a bit, thanks for the pic too, Makes me fell a lot better, "Like i am not the only one whos has crused with a chiped up cobra R front bumper"