Suspension Lower control arms packaged wrong?

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
So I ordered these lower control arms from Summit... I wanted poly bushings on both ends but I just opened the box and these were in it?
I believe these are considered spherical end??
Would these be too rough riding for my grocery getter? Recommendations on sending them back for the Poly on both ends??
thanks all
DSCF0958.JPG
DSCF0959.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

I'd run those in a heartbeat. They are probably more money then the ones you ordered.
I know some will say don't but some don't like solid motor mounts and I have ran them in my daily for years now.

Well, some of those rod ends they do not want greased
They feel the grease attracts dirt, and the dirt wears out the rod end quicker than no grease would
So the grease zerk is on the end that is sealed and there isn't one on the end that has no seals?
Makes sense

Here is another pic, my first pic might have lent to some confusion.. Looks to me like a poly end with a grease zert and and a solid spacer at the other.... The solid spacer acts like its pressed in... It will not move.....
DSCF0960.JPG

JMO
you do not want a solid end on the housing, does the bushings fit the other end?
Summit part number?
I would agree... I might call Steeda tomorrow and see if any one in Tech can help....
EDIT.. I finally found the Steeda page I was looking for... Looks like I got the right # 555-4412, but Summit had the wrong picture with this number.. Poly on both ends would be #555-4410......... Steeda is calling the ones I received Poly/Spherical....

Reactions: 1 user
I've run MM arms like that with a spherical on one end, and poly on the other. I'm a big critic on NVH, but they aren't bad at all really. Send it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 3 users