Lower Seat?

Indy3

Nov 16, 2011
Indianapolis
I’m the proud new owner of a ‘94 Cobra, black with the saddle interior.
Problem is, this is a 25 year old car and the OE seats are shot. The leather is dried out, the seat bottoms are worn out and the power adjusters barely work, etcetera.
I’d like to get some aftermarket seats, but want something that sits lower than stock. I’m 6’3” tall and feel like my head is in the roof.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

We are the same height. I can't tell you it's not easy to find some that fit you well. I've got '05 seats going in my '88. I've done an initial fit on them and designed the brackets. You will find that you can use lots of seats IF you lower them by taking the jacked up factory feet off and make some low profile mounts. I'm keeping all the power tracks on there. That's half of what I like about them.

Wedge brackets coupled with my recaro sliders (recaro seats too), have alot of adjustability. You can pitch the seats and they go crazy far back. I'm 6'1 and in my foxbody i can go back so far it's within a couple inches of the rear seat and i can barely touch the pedals.
Downside, is that it's $1300 worth of seats (and they may be low, since i got them cheap and had them redone) and $400 in brackets and sliders.

Corbeaus can be ordered with 1" cut out of the foam cushion. I of course did not know I needed that, so I ordered them standard.
( they cost like 600 for the pair iirc) I had already made custom brackets for the previous seats which sat at a perfect height commensurately, but now that they had to fit the corbeaus, it was like sitting on a pickup.
I had to butcher the hell out of the brackets to get the seat low enough to be tolerable.
All of which could have been made better had I known I would need the extra 1" of foam removed.

Now that they're in there I love them though.