Lower trailing arms - DIY or leave to pros?

I read this forum daily, but this is my first post. I am considering upgrading my lower trailing arms. My suspenson is currently bone-stock. Is this a DIY project, or should I have it done professionally? I am far from a gearhead, however I am just mechanically inclined enough to be dangerous. :D I do have access to the necessary equipment. If I do it myself, will I need a helper (a.k.a. wife)?or can I safely fly solo? Finally, any product recommendations? Thanks in advance for your advice.

• Sponsors (?)

Most important tools you'll need is jacksatnds to safely keep the car in the air, and a set of needle nose pliers or cutting dykles to pull the ebrake cable off the brake caliper the rest is just basic wrenches sockets and a ratchet. I would recommend an asistant but not needed if you're motivated, I'ld also suggest a torque wrnech being these are theoreticaly single use bolts but not needed you can always use the RFT method ( tighten till they're Real *****ing Tight) but then they deff should be replaced if they ever are removed again.
As for product CHE makes awesome parts, the quality is great and prices are very good, customer service is excellent trust me best bang for the buck and for a daily driver street car with moderate to heavy performance they're great. If you're lowered I'ld also recommend their reloc brackets, really heavy duty and the only ones that true bolt ons. I've installed a few sets and no complaints, been on an SC'ed car for 3 years and 100% perfect.

Thanks everyone

For the tips. This is an awesome community- except reading these forums makes me want to spend more money! I'm really looking forward to this upgrade to keep the feet planted. I love the s197 handling except for the darn wheelhop, which is exacerbated by PA roads (the unofficial state motto is "road work ahead") I've got everything but GOOD jackstands, which I planned to borrow. But I know I'll want to do more mods later so I'll just upgrade mine. Anyone know where I can get an online set of instructions, or do the parts usually come with them? Finally, how long should it take?

Good luck with your upgrade.

Jack stands are a must to work safely :nice:

I did adjustable upper and lower (BMR) on my car and there is a much more solid feel now, but they are a little noisy at times. The upper is a SOB to do at home, you have to lower the gas tank to get to one of the attachment points.

It's fairly easy to do by yourself. 2nd set of hands as usual is a blessing but not required.

Just make sure you tackle ONE SIDE AT THE TIME!!! :) or it could be hell trying to push the axle back where it needs to be?