Lowered Front end

• Sponsors (?)

Cut springs are the cheapest way to go.......do not flame cut.
Remember when you cut a spring you will increase [stiffen] its rate.
I personally run Heidts 2" spindles on my black car and have shortened coils [not installed yet] for my white car.
Either way works.
If I remember correctly I had to go with offset rack bushings to align my front end after installing the spindles.

Have a good one

jeffnoel said:
What's the best way to do it? Drop spindles, Cut springs (yikes). Major clearence issues?

I've got a pair of short springs if you want them, drop me a PM. I didn't realize they were short until after I put them on- what a shock. Really looked mean, though. With everything else stock and 205/60/13s on the front, everything still cleared bumps ok.

jshcobra said:
I've got a pair of short springs if you want them, drop me a PM. I didn't realize they were short until after I put them on- what a shock. Really looked mean, though. With everything else stock and 205/60/13s on the front, everything still cleared bumps ok.
Are they cut stock springs or a Racer Walsh product? How much did they lower your front? I'm running 225/40-16s on the front so clearence may be an issue if it's too drastic a drop.

jeffnoel said:
Are they cut stock springs or a Racer Walsh product? How much did they lower your front? I'm running 225/40-16s on the front so clearence may be an issue if it's too drastic a drop.

I picked them up at a swap meet so I can't say if they were cut, heated, or just made that way. On my V8 Ghia, they dropped the front a good 1.5-2.0 inches. I had been running 205/70/14s, which is pretty tall and they rubbed pretty hard when making sharp turns. Those wheel/tires had a diameter of 25 inches. With the 13 inchers, no rubbing at all.