Lowering Block Problem

The P.O. lowered my Stang with lowering blocks. If I wanted to go back to the original stance, can I just jack up the rear & remove them? Not sure if anything else needs to be done or added. I really don't know much about suspensions. Also, I assume for the rear I can jack it up at the pumpkin & do I remove everything including the U bolt bracket?

• Sponsors (?)

Removing the blocks is fine as long as there are enough threads on the U-bolts to secure the rearend to the springs once the blocks are removed. You might have to get new U-bolts but that should be the only possible requirement of new parts. If the current U-bolts work make sure to cut off the same length as the blocks so they do not look out of place.

latamud said:
you should jack up the whole car at the pumpkin and put jackstands under the frame rails. Then, let the rear hang down. That'll take the weight of the car off the rear suspension.

Yeah, what he said.
make sure you put the jack stands under the frame of the car,
DO NOT PUT THE JACK STANDS UNDER THE REAR END HOUSING.

once you have the car up in the air, supported by jackstands under the frame, you can loosen or remove the u-bolts , then use the floor jack under the center of the rear end housing and lift it up to remove the lowering blocks.