Lrs 5 Lug Swap Questions

88LX5.Oh

15 Year Member
Dec 30, 2011
Arkansas
  • Sponsors (?)

And if anyone is running these wheels (or any 18 inch wheel) on their fox, can you show me some pictures? I'm kinda thinking 18 will be a little too big but I need to see 'em before I make that conclusion

I don't know for sure but from the customer pics there is a guy with a white fox rocking what looks like the same rims! just talk to to the customer service reps and see if they know why?

the kit you linked uses a lincoln mkvii rotor setup, which is just a 5-lug version of the stock fox hub-in-rotor setup. that hub setup is longer than the sn95 setup the wheel is designed for, and the dust cover from the hub will block the center cap from going on. this (and the better brakes) are the big reasons people usually go with the sn-95 spindle setup when going 5-lug.

sometimes the fox hubs can be made to work, either by pounding on the dust cap a bit (bad idea), or leaving it off (worse idea). sometimes neither will work because the center cap hole on the wheel will be smaller than the hub, and then you're sol because the wheel wont even mount up (i think bullit wheels are this way iirc?)

the kit you linked uses a lincoln mkvii rotor setup, which is just a 5-lug version of the stock fox hub-in-rotor setup. that hub setup is longer than the sn95 setup the wheel is designed for, and the dust cover from the hub will block the center cap from going on. this (and the better brakes) are the big reasons people usually go with the sn-95 spindle setup when going 5-lug.

sometimes the fox hubs can be made to work, either by pounding on the dust cap a bit (bad idea), or leaving it off (worse idea). sometimes neither will work because the center cap hole on the wheel will be smaller than the hub, and then you're sol because the wheel wont even mount up (i think bullit wheels are this way iirc?)

^ This. I have Mark VII rotors on the front of my car. I had Saleens for a while. There's pictures in my build thread and you'll notice there are no center caps on the front wheels. Also, if you run coilovers in the front, you'll need spacers or they'll rub (probably, mine sure did)
Traded for prostars with drag radials.

Thanks for all the info everyone!
I'm in love with these wheels so I guess I'll just have to deal with not having center caps on the front. Not a big deal for me :D
And Hoopty, I'm gonna look in your build thread to see the pictures of em on your car