LRS economy shortblocks *forged*

HankyGT

Jan 15, 2006
Warren, OH
Figured I'd toss this up here too as the 94-95 section kinda sucks..

Anyone ever use one or hear anything about them? Anyone actully making any power with them?

Was contemplating it for $1400 to my door with the forged pistons. I mean I would assume it's a strong as factory setup that people seem to be able to break the blocks on? I've been having a hard time convincing myself to drop mega $ on a stroker that's going to do the same thing anyhow.

I'd like to carry over my exact same setup of:
AFR 165s 58cc/stud
FRPP 1.6 rrs
tfs stg1 .499/.512 221/223 @ 112
42# injectors/ Areomotive 1:1 reg
Lightning MAF
190lph intake
T-rex inline
Edelbrock Performer 5.0 u/l intake
75mm tb
Vortech s-trim (8-10 psi pulleys)....makes 11psi with power pipe
AFM powerpipe

Most make decent power with this on a stock block. Wanted to add a 331 but I'm just going to break it anyhow.

My goal is @ 430-450rwhp

Any and all opinions can be shared :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

if you can spend 1400 on a grenade, then why not spend the extra $$ for a solid block?

A stroker is going to be @ $2100. If you want any sort of decent block ie: Dart; it is going to be another $2000.

$1400 seems better than $4500 by the time it's dressed and on the car.

I don't want to run a bandaid block like a mexican and have a negligble window, and have to change up lifter/cam setup again, go to a 28oz imbalance and so forth so that it MIGHT not break. The newer BOSS setups force you to run an unconventional rod length uncommon with the typical stroker, along with having shallow piston walls. There's actually a decent amount of negativity floating around with it esp when dealing with forced induction because of those attributes.

I would love to find an older R block or A302 casting; but they aren't exactly falling out of the woodwork. I figured this might be a decently cheap ticket out.

It's either this or off the whole damn thing and jump back to brand X everyone loves here so much ;)