LX Repair Log - Lots of pics DUW

jpctln

Jun 1, 2004
StL, MO
The LX came back from paint on Friday. I just thought I'd share some before and after pics.

dune.jpg

right.jpg

left.jpg

whole.jpg

Straightened & prepped:

right.jpg

left.jpg

bay_left.jpg

bay_right.jpg

front_left.jpg

front_right.jpg

final.jpg

Now:

1.jpg

2.jpg

I did all the body work myself and let the shop do unibody alignment and paint, and I'm really happy with how it turned out

Attachments

• dune.jpg
    dune.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 69
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 69
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 56
  • whole.jpg
    whole.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 61
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 55
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 64
  • bay_left.jpg
    bay_left.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 78
  • bay_right.jpg
    bay_right.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 70
  • front_left.jpg
    front_left.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 52
  • front_right.jpg
    front_right.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 65
  • final.jpg
    final.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 66
  • Sponsors (?)

50bomber said:
Dude congrats! Nice car, if you can take a look at my wrecked car and see if the damage is comparable and is it fixable here:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=616141
:SNSign:

Yeah the damage on yours is definately similar, but it looks to be quite a bit worse...as you can see it's bent down too. Mine was just cocked to the right a couple inches. Anything is fixable, but if you're not going to tear it completely down and do it right, I wouldn't bother.

srothfuss said:
It sure looks shiney...

Did it take long for the prep? And how much trim did you remove prior to painting?

Prep didn't take too long. The fenders were off of a 93 cobra, so I had to butcher them up a little to fit the LX molding on. Other than that and a couple dings, everything went pretty smoothly. The bumper took the longest because it had rock chips and termite holes all over it. I got it to look new though. As for the trim, the bumper was removed to paint separately and the piece right below the 5.0 symbol was painted separately as well.