Paint and Body LX Trunk Hatch Alignment & Gap

I know this is a common problem with these cars and I've done the standard troubleshooting (new striker and bushing - purchased from LMR) to try and fix the problem but I'm still left with a large gap on the drivers side rear. Originally the hatch did not close but after installing the new strike and bushing along with several adjustments (with & without hatch cylinders engaged) and trial fitments on the striker location I finally got the hatch to close and clasp, but it still feels like it has some "wiggle" play and the gap is more pronounced on one side. FYI, bumpers are not interfering and gapping around the rest of the hatch is consistent. Is there anything else I can do to tighten the gap on the drivers side?
Striker.jpg
Passenger.jpg
Driver.jpg
Rear.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Look at the front edge of the hatch
overhang to the body on both sides. Either the hinges need adjustment or something is very bent. Where the bottom has a gap on the drivers side, the hatch is also almost hitting the body. On the passenger side, that gap is much bigger.

Look at the front edge of the hatch
overhang to the body on both sides. Either the hinges need adjustment or something is very bent. Where the bottom has a gap on the drivers side, the hatch is also almost hitting the body. On the passenger side, that gap is much bigger.
Kinda like the bottom of the hatch is cocked to the drivers side,
What does the gap look at the roof?

Well I hit the nail on the head this time without hammering my finger, first time for everything I guess. Glad your hatch is good , now go have some hatch chilli peppers. And I'll try any hatch some more ideas.

Well I hit the nail on the head this time without hammering my finger, first time for everything I guess. Glad your hatch is good , now go have some hatch chilli peppers. And I'll try any hatch some more ideas.
So, I recently addressed the same issue on my vehicle and again it was the hatch struts. Does anyone know the reasoning or is there a way to correct this while still using the hatch struts?