m roadster vs. 98 cobra

tama

Dec 27, 2003
San Jose, CA
Yesterday I went to pick up my friend who needed a ride from work. When I get there to pick him up his manager happens to come with him and says nice car and I responded with a thank you. :D But then he answers with to bad it's a rustang, sorry ass fudge over rebuilt dodge. And I say excuse me? :confused: I then learn that him and my friend have been going on all day that his bmw m roadster would spank me any day of the week, and my friend defends me and tells his manager that my cobra isn't exactly factory stock. Well despite his rude comment and say well you have a nice car and I heard they paack some heat but he go's on and on how just spanked an 03 cobra the day earlier and I had enough, so i challanged him that one day he pit his car against mine to see who'll win. I'm hoping it will be me and that I don't look stupid but can somebody tell me if i'm about to have my ass handed to me or is he in for a surprise. I don't really know what those cars run.Sorry for the long story.

• Sponsors (?)

It depends...
Is the M-roadster a new one, or the older one? The 2001 (I think) and before, had 240 horse. The new ones are about 330 and you will be in trouble unless yours is well above stock.

I've driven the old one and it was a tad slower than my 97 Cobra when it was stock.

I have everything but a power adder in my car with 3:73.
I believe he said his was a 99 or newer. I looked a 1/4mile time slip up and the best I found was for 13.7 but then again I don't always trust what I read.

No, I told the guy that we should meet up and go to the track one day and see how are outcomes are. I really try to stay away from to much street racing but If that's what it takes then.... But besides that point, my friend told him that I was still waiting for him when he is ready and now he is telling my bud that he has an M5 motor inside of a 2 seater M roadster that gives him extra power???? Sounds like he's talking out of his ass to me. Anyway's I'm just hoping either I or someone esle will shut this guy up pretty soon becuase he has very bad manners And talks a lot of b.s. to not just me , but I hear he says rude comments to other people with other rides as well.

The guy is full of BS. There is no way unless this guy has unlimited $$. That conversion, even if it would fit (which I doubt) would cost more than the roadster cost. The M5 is a very expensive 400HP BMW V8. Sounds like he knows nothing about cars and is just making stuff up. Ask to see it...I bet you will find the 3 liter straight 6 under the hood. And maybe he did an intake and chip.

missouri_guy197 said:
Go to http://www.car-stats.com and pull up the M Roadster...2001's go 13.1@107 in the 1/4 and 4.5sec to 60...I'd watch it...The 2000's and 99's were a little slower at 14.1@100 in the 1/4...

But that guy isn't beating no 03's, esp if he raced one from a roll...

Holy crap that's fast! But your right he's not going to touch a 03' unless he's modded...

And just post your mods here -- if you want to add them to your signature goto "User CP" Then "Edit Signature"

How hard would it be to do a M5 swap into a M roadster, any chance at all he's telling the truth?