Mac 1 5/8 Long Tube vs Mac 1 5/8 Short Tube Unequal

In a mildly modified fox body (Aluminum H/C/I) which will make more power and torque combo 1 or 2?

1. Mac 1 5/8 Long Tube headers and Off Road H pipe for an AOD, "No cats" .
2. Mac 1 5/8 Short Tube Unequal headers and Off Road UPR X-Pipe for an AOD "No cats".

My guess would be the Long tubes with the H pipe. But since UPR is claiming 10-20hp increase with there Off Road X pipe, it makes me wonder if will be worth all the hassles I have heard about running the Mac Long Tubes with an AOD Tranny.

By the way Mac is one of the few Mfg's that make long tubes for AOD's, BBK never has, but I wish they would as I like the 1 piece flange at the heads

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

I run the mac 1 5/8 AOD longtubes and let me tell you...

the install alone makes it not worth it. They are huge and take up bundles of space and you cant get at you starter and suddenly have relatively limited midpipe options.

Plus you have to lift the motor and possibly get a steering shaft too.

Just not worth it.

x-pipe deep?

not that I have heard many, but I have never heard an x-pipe that sounded deeper than an H-pipe.The ones I have heard sounded a little more raspy and hollow, but the h-pipes are more throaty. At least that has been my experience. Just my .02. Feel free to correct me if Im uninformed.

88 Fox GT said:
I've always read that people are saying X pipes deliver a more raspy sound and H pipes give a more low rumble.

Its true. Stick with the H-Pipe for low rumble. The X-pipe sounds aggressive but only when you're giving it some power.