Mac Axle Back For 05 V6

wolverine63

Jul 20, 2005
Mac Axle Back & K&N CAI Installed

Just installed the Mac V6 axle back on my stang...WOW...this was a choice of mine ....trying to get away from the usual magna flow est posts...and i have a suprise to anyone that replies

• Sponsors (?)

Hey FAZ...will try 2 post a sound clip for everyone...between work and mods i have been busy..i was/am impressed by the MAC..very deep on the 6...the suprise will come later when we get more peeps :hail2:

wolverine63 said:
Just installed the Mac V6 axle back on my stang...WOW...this was a choice of mine ....trying to get away from the usual magna flow est posts...and i have a suprise to anyone that replies

I didn't like that the Mac had a 4" tip. I was worried that it would look too much like a ricer.

Well the tip is big....but i think it looks great...gives the v6 some added look to it...as far as sounding like i ricer i think not!!!....this mac has a growl!...today i installed the k&n cai kit and it was a easy install...now with the mac & k&n cai it really kinda levels each other out...the sound before the k&n cai was almost to loud and drowning at certain rpms....i drove 60 miles today with the whole package installed and it really sounded deep & throty...very happy with the set-up...http://forums.stangnet.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
Thumbs up

I just went out to the garage to look at this 4 inch pipe thing being to big and it fits the 05 v6 cut-out fine...i did have a heluva time getting everything lined up lying on my back and being old does not help..lol.i am not 20 ish anymore....it does not look like a ricer..i have 2 honda accords that i have modded...just my op

wolverine63 said:
I just went out to the garage to look at this 4 inch pipe thing being to big and it fits the 05 v6 cut-out fine...i did have a heluva time getting everything lined up lying on my back and being old does not help..lol.i am not 20 ish anymore....it does not look like a ricer..i have 2 honda accords that i have modded...just my op

I wasn't trying to insult. It's just that a 4" tip seemed like it was bigger than it needed to be.

Hey Jimp...no prob..just wanted to double check it myself..the 4 inch pipe is really not a problem w/the 05 v6 cut-out...fits it fine... like my original post this is not the norm for peeps..mac is new to the market for the 05 /6 and i really like there product...

I did a battery disconnect on both installs..the diff was the cai...before when i installed the axle back it was loud and sounding really good for a 6...what suprised me was the harmony i got when the cai was installed...a much sweeter deep sound...i was suprised by this 6....i honestly dont think you could get much better sound w doing a ex/cai upgrade..it sounds so deep ...i would rec for anyone w/ a 6 to do it and it was a fairly cheep upgrade..figure 20hp..out

Ive been really worried about MAC quality as well but am not much anymore. Theyve come a long long way from the horror stories of the early-mid 90s. Some of the stuff they made for the 5.0 leaves me shaking in my boots and sleeping uneasy at night, but I think they're past that now.

As far as the Mac product i think it will be fine..everyone likes there brands ect....this axle back is stainless steel and seems very well put together...the welded joints look high quality...i guess time will tell and i can easily swap in a jba or magna-flow ect....thanks for all the input from you guys on my/our mods i enjoy the talk.... :banana:

I had a single MAC axle-back in my hands and couldn't put it on my car. The 4 inch pipe (with another smaller pipe inside it!) just didn't do it for me. I kept thinking of Folgers crystals... Ended up selling it on ebay for a small loss.

Folgers???....and pipe size.???...please explain!....what do you have on your 6?.....what do you rec to us?....i would be interested to find out what the pipe size is on all the other axle-back systems for the 6 are....just curious