MAC CAI Install - Service Engine Light ALWAYS ON ???

filipinostang

Sep 10, 2003
I am in need of assistance.

I just installed my MAC CAI inake and everything went smoothly.

When I started my engine the SERVICE ENGINE SOON will not turn off. :shrug:

I connected the Air Temp Senor and the MAF connector.

But there was one wire that has no where to go to.. it was connected to the stock air silencer.

Please feel free to leave any suggestions.

Any help is greatly appreciated

:spam:

• Sponsors (?)

either you have to put that hose back into place or plug up the hole or stick a breather on there. i had that problem too the hose was a tight fit and barely got it in from the intake to the emissions thing. but plug it up thats why you got the check engine light on.

Well I didn't know there was a wire to the air silencer, but there should be the wire to the MAF, the Air temp sensor, and a tubing coming from the PCV on the Drivers side rocker cover that recirculates the bad emmisions back into the intake to burn them up. That should be the third one, it is an emissions thing that we don't really need, unless you have emission checks on your car, but you will need to plug the hole on the rocker cover with a breather cap.

GREENBIOCH said:
Well I didn't know there was a wire to the air silencer, but there should be the wire to the MAF, the Air temp sensor, and a tubing coming from the PCV on the Drivers side rocker cover that recirculates the bad emmisions back into the intake to burn them up. That should be the third one, it is an emissions thing that we don't really need, unless you have emission checks on your car, but you will need to plug the hole on the rocker cover with a breather cap.

I was under the impression that the MAF and air temp sensor was all that had to be plugged in? I have never heard of the breather cap before, so the SES light will stay on unless we get a breather cap?

I don't think that would cause your SES light, but that is where the third "wire" should be from. you should double check everything, I know it seems stupid, but is the MAF facing the right direction? Just make sure it is all connected tightly.

were does that third wire come from and what was it connected to when yuou took it off??