Mac H = Lose Torque?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMAN302 said:
I ran mac h and LT's on my stock motor with an intake that was too large...results were the car was just fine bottom end and gave a monster crackle that makes people look. You need the clutch pack rebuild kit to repair the Tracloc..your looking at the spider gears, they do not need to be replaced! you need the tracloc rebuild kit, gear install kit, gears, and money for fresh tires :)

Yea thats why I was confused whether or not I needed those, i figured if the spider gears went my whole axle would seize. Do I need something along the lines of http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=609 ?

And if I do, is there any cheaper version that I can get?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

GTOReturns said:
Your clue less. Put a set of Bassani muffs on your stock system THEN tell me theres no difference! HP gets you to the end? The end of what?
clueless is one word RETARD. Go get in your over-priced GTO and head on over to the GM stable. And besides, we're talking about Hpipes, not cat-backs. And what end? The end of the track STUPID! Ahead of your POS GM thing you call a car!

1fastsn95 said:
clueless is one word RETARD. Go get in your over-priced GTO and head on over to the GM stable. And besides, we're talking about Hpipes, not cat-backs. And what end? The end of the track STUPID! Ahead of your POS GM thing you call a car!
Dont have a GTO, got a 5.0 hot shot. You stated Torque mite win races but HP gets you to the end,soooooo it gets you to the end of the track? But the torque already won!!:rlaugh: :rlaugh: Thats why we keep on stoch h pipes and headers on stock 5.0's ;)

grey5.0beast said:
what are you smoking fastsn95.

The catback will significantly altger the tone, depth and clarity of the exhaust note. Have you ever even been in two cars with different catbacks, but same mid pipe, makes a huge difference.
Agree, sort of. They will sound better than stock, but why not just get a set of 2 chamber flows and put them in? cheaper.

1fastsn95 said:
Agree, sort of. They will sound better than stock, but why not just get a set of 2 chamber flows and put them in? cheaper.
ummm no... Bullets from summit are 35 dollars a peice, learn some stuff before you make outrageous claims. and listen to MOB's car, his has an o/r h and bullets and sounds probably ten times louder then stock!

grey5.0beast said:
ummm no... Bullets from summit are 35 dollars a peice, learn some stuff before you make outrageous claims. and listen to MOB's car, his has an o/r h and bullets and sounds probably ten times louder then stock!
:bang: damn Im just saying a set of flows are cheaper than cat-back systems

oh and the crap you were talking bout how hp finishes the race, you have to have a good torque curve up there or the HP is useless. HP is just a figure, torque is an actual force applied that is needed to set things in motion, ever heard of physics?

1fastsn95 said:
Theres a method to the madness about keeping the stock h and headers on a stock 5.0. Its "Back Pressure". Because of the design of the heads the motor needs backpressure which makes the low end torque. OK, I would take 2 chambered flows over a straight through pipe because "of" the chambers.It adds more back pressure. Not to mention I had bullets with an off rd h with and without tail pipes. Loud? Oh yeah!! But it didnt sound like a 5.0 anymore!:shrug: I had my E-7's worked on bt Thumper. THEN the stock h was choking the motor so I put a catted x pipe on and it free'd up some power!1

1fastsn95 said:
:bang: damn Im just saying a set of flows are cheaper than cat-back systems
you don't have to get the whole catback with tailpipes, I did b/c personally I don't like having my interior smell like exhaust fumes but just a weldon muffler will work, bullets=35 bucks a piece, flows=around 60 per muffler

grey5.0beast said:
oh and the crap you were talking bout how hp finishes the race, you have to have a good torque curve up there or the HP is useless. HP is just a figure, torque is an actual force applied that is needed to set things in motion, ever heard of physics?
right. to "set things in motion". Think of a stock deisel. Tons of torque. Not very fast though. But they can "get moving" really quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.