Mac Long Tube Headers- Do These Look Right?

• Sponsors (?)

A set of header studs will make the job much easier and save the exhaust threads from getting stripped when trying to pry on the tubes to get them to line up. Felpro 1415's are probably what you are looking for for the exhaust gasket. If those headers arent 1 3/4" primaries, it would be a total waste of time and not worth the hassle with the big exhaust port. My 1 5/8" primaries on my 205 heads were at least .060" smaller all around.

Yep, this is what I'm thinking. I will probably go to header studs on these heads regardless of what route I take. Studs make pretty much everything easier, regardless of the application. I had my upper intake off the other day, and when I dropped it back on and everything lined up perfectly without doing the gasket-fumble-shuffle, I thought to myself, "God bless those intake studs". Bolts suck.

Yep, this is what I'm thinking. I will probably go to header studs on these heads regardless of what route I take. Studs make pretty much everything easier, regardless of the application. I had my upper intake off the other day, and when I dropped it back on and everything lined up perfectly without doing the gasket-fumble-shuffle, I thought to myself, "God bless those intake studs". Bolts suck.
Yeah....but curse those stupid little 12-point 10mm nuts that Trick Flow saddles us with!!! :fuss:

my mac's before i put them in

Attachments

• 401756_10151283190864380_2110898085_n.jpg
    401756_10151283190864380_2110898085_n.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 136
Here are my MAC Ceramic coated 1-3/4" Long Tubes with 3" Collector right out of the box.

Usually the metal under the wrapped part is garbage. I've bought probably 6 exhaust systems and went with ceramic this time. Less heat and still look great. I would never buy chrome or non-coated headers ever.

headers.jpg

Here are my MAC Ceramic coated 1-3/4" Long Tubes with 3" Collector right out of the box.

Usually the metal under the wrapped part is garbage. I've bought probably 6 exhaust systems and went with ceramic this time. Less heat and still look great. I would never buy chrome or non-coated headers ever.

headers.jpg

Is that blood spatter on the floor? How you bleeding before you even put the headers in? :D

Is that blood spatter on the floor? How you bleeding before you even put the headers in? :D

I was so excited because I got my entire 3" exhaust system that I cut myself opening the boxes.

Actually, that's the color of my car, painted the engine bay while the motor was out. The gun got gooped up and drops came out. Had to take the entire gun apart. Wound up throwing it away and buying another one.

VibRedJoe1.jpg