Mac Long Tubes And Summit X Pipe

pearlnotchback

5 Year Member
Dec 18, 2011
Tennessee
I just installed my Mac long tubes with a Summit x pipe. The summit x pipe is built really well but does not fit Mac headers. After about an hour and a half of cutting, bending and welding I got it to work. Summits website doesnt say it is for a certain brand of headers so I didnt think about it not fitting until I started trying to install it. When I got finished and I was picking up my tools I found the instructions on the floor that must have fell out of the box. The instructions said the x pipe was for BBK headers only. So this is a heads up if anyone is planning on buying one.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the heads up. The BBK and Mac headers definitly have a different width between the collectors. If it's any consilation, a BBK x-pipe doesn't fit on BBK headers. They pretty much all have to be adjusted every time you install them.

Kurt

Thanks for the heads up. The BBK and Mac headers definitly have a different width between the collectors. If it's any consilation, a BBK x-pipe doesn't fit on BBK headers. They pretty much all have to be adjusted every time you install them.

Kurt
The width wasnt the problem with mine. The problem was one of the tubes that hook up to the header was about 5 inches to long.

That makes sense. The BBK headers are much longer on one side than the other. I use Foxbody longtubes on my SN, and it comes way farther back on the passenger side than on the driver's side.

Kurt

I know this is an old thread but I didn't realize this until after I bought my summit x pipe. Does anyone have pictures or any tips for me when I try to make this work? I have Mac long tubes